Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

passbook.jpg

After the iOS 6 update today, many have found that they've had problems connecting to the App Store. Some may have had trouble updating apps, while others are unable to view Passbook apps when connecting from the Passbook application.

One reader spotted a solution from Apple's support forums that shows how to get around the issue:
Go to Settings>General>Date and Time>Set Automatically>Off. Set the date one year ahead. Try to [update the apps again or press the button from Passbook]. If you get an error message, go back to the settings. Correct the date and time (set automatically) then go back and try [again].
After switching the date, we were able to successfully connect to the Passbook section in the App Store. A few other readers also reported success with this technique.

Article Link: Fix for App Store and Passbook "Can't Connect to iTunes Store" Error

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
Boom! Finally. I guess I had to set it 2013...the year Apple may have their Maps App **** together...

efktd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2011
USA
and when it works, all it does it show you compatible apps? cuz that's what it did for me..

JCSIII

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
The specified fix didn't work for me. But after I tried that and failed I killed all open applications and tried again. First it gave me the message that it couldn't access the app store - I then clicked OK and it pulled it up without any issues. Weird!

Fel08

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2009
Like the new Maps app, the new App Store is a mess. It's clunky and laggy. Why fix something that isn't broken?

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
It work for me perfectly. The only thing is that since I'm in the U. S. the time changes from 2012 to 2013. Once it work and I switch to automatic again it stop working. How does it work without no problem?

Dogface

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2012
No problems here but a bit laggy. I wonder if it's a sales technique for the iPhone 5.

austinguy23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
What a joke. I'm not setting my system date a year ahead to get Apple's fubar'd app to work properly.

I swear, Apple's QA testing team is seriously dropping the ball as of late... Their podcasting app, the wifi fiasco this morning, the inconsistently blue/black status bar at the top of the display, the sketchy AppStore revamp, Passbook, etc.

Hamburger

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2011
What a joke. I'm not setting my system date a year ahead to get Apple's fubar'd app to work properly.

I swear, Apple's QA testing team is seriously dropping the ball as of late... Their podcasting app, the wifi fiasco this morning, the inconsistently blue/black status bar at the top of the display, the sketchy AppStore revamp, Passbook, etc.

Just shows that Apple are a year ahead of anyone else...
(that fix worked for me, now i'm back from the future)

pipa

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Bitcoin City
I agree. AppStore, iTunes Store and map I'm not really liking so much. The map app is not all that bad though when you actually use it. Used it last night and worked spot on. Whoever is making the calls for these upgraded apps, really needs to get there ish straight(Scott forstall) They should have never updated app and iTunes store

----------

Just shows that Apple are a year ahead of anyone else...
(that fix worked for me, now i'm back from the future)

Mcfly. Mcfly.

Sorry biff!

timotay89

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2011
Anyone else notice that the button at the bottom of the app store changed only after messing with the date? The new ones say "Charts" and "Genius". Before messing with the date (but both before and after the update) those buttons were categories and something else (I don't remember exactly).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.