Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:15 AM   #1
super michael
macrumors regular

Question about android and IOS

I keep hearing that on the android is more easier to get malware than on IOS, is this true?

So in google play I have to be becareful since some might have malware, what are the risk in malware?

As for IOS so there is little to no risk in malware, what about IOS with jailbreak are there any risk in malware?
super michael is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:28 AM   #2
Calidude
Banned

Yes, its easier to get malware with Android. However, malware only happens with a few shady apps on the Play store that get caught quickly. The majority of malware happens with stuff you download from the open internet.

As long as you have common sense, you won't have malware.
Calidude is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:03 AM   #3
Wrathwitch
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by super michael View Post
I keep hearing that on the android is more easier to get malware than on IOS, is this true?

So in google play I have to be becareful since some might have malware, what are the risk in malware?

As for IOS so there is little to no risk in malware, what about IOS with jailbreak are there any risk in malware?
In a light side, I suspect it's as easy as getting a social disease. If you stick your stuff into sources or allow entry from sources that you don't know without using due care (protection), you takes your chances.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:39 AM   #4
b24pgg
macrumors 65816

As an Android user, I keep hearing this claim but it just makes me laugh. You've got to be a complete idiot to get malware. Personally I never download an app unless it has great reviews. Do other people just not do this?

Furthermore, I use Lookout as my "find my phone" app which has built-in virus protection, so malware is even more of a non-issue.
b24pgg is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices