Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:31 AM   #1
SirAvila
macrumors newbie

Roosevelt Field Mall , NY

Anyone from around long island camping out here?
SirAvila is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:28 PM   #2
swissglide
macrumors member

I am planning on just taking a trip out there around 6Am tomorrow. In the past, lines have not been too crazy there. Are you going to camp out overnight?
swissglide is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:43 PM   #3
SirAvila
macrumors newbie

I think so , i went in there today and it seems like being there around 3-4am would be just fine so no clue.
SirAvila is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:48 PM   #4
swissglide
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAvila View Post
I think so , i went in there today and it seems like being there around 3-4am would be just fine so no clue.
Aight, I am planning to make it there by six, but I usually wake up earlier, so I might go at an earlier hour too. See ya there, bring a chair, lol.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:35 PM   #5
SirAvila
macrumors newbie

lol i will , Just so you know who i am i'll be wearing a blue button up shirt and probably a hoodie if it's cold around that time
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:15 PM   #6
swissglide
macrumors member

Quote:
lol i will , Just so you know who i am i'll be wearing a blue button up shirt and probably a hoodie if it's cold around that time
What, no laces? No sexy underwear? No full-body latex suit? I am so disappointed. But yeah, I'll probably wear a blue Hofstra sweatshirt. If I did laundry last week, if not then who knows.

----------

Called up the Apple store there, as per Mall regulations they will not let people into the mall to start lining up before 6AM. She said that if you want to line up before that, come to the netrance between the Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. As of right now, obviously no line, as the mall is going to close down for the night. I still think I'll drive up around 4 and camp out for a couple hours.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:14 PM   #7
SirAvila
macrumors newbie

Lol! , I wonder if anyone is camping right now.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:08 AM   #8
crisss1205
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to crisss1205
And after you get your new iPhone 5, you can go for the grand opening of Crumbs Bakery!

That place has awesome red velvet cupcakes.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:15 AM   #9
SirAvila
macrumors newbie

LOL! , i'm checking it out afterwards. Thank you for the recommendation even if i'm not a cupcake fan.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:31 AM   #10
crisss1205
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
LOL! , i'm checking it out afterwards. Thank you for the recommendation even if i'm not a cupcake fan.
Looks like they have a coupon too, http://www.crumbs.com/news/article/166 and they chose the perfect day to open their new location.

Maybe I will stop by and checkout the line, after all UPS will probably come around 6PM with my new iPhone

Last edited by crisss1205; Sep 21, 2012 at 12:48 AM.
crisss1205 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:38 AM   #11
SirAvila
macrumors newbie

>.>, lol least you don't have to wait in line. Which hopefully isn't so long
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:42 AM   #12
xxxboboxxx
macrumors newbie

Dont think they were letting people camp.. Security had Nordstrom and Bloomingdales parking lots coned off and didn't see anyone else at any of the other mall entrances!!
xxxboboxxx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:17 AM   #13
swissglide
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxboboxxx View Post
Dont think they were letting people camp.. Security had Nordstrom and Bloomingdales parking lots coned off and didn't see anyone else at any of the other mall entrances!!
Interesting, that's where the Apple store lady told me to go if I wanted to que earlier than mall opening. As far as I remember from iPhone 4 line, they let people line up inside the parking garage. Oh, and that line was HUGE.

----------

I think I might just take a drive up there in a few since I can't really sleep anyway.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:22 AM   #14
SirAvila
macrumors newbie

:O , so where would i have to camp at?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:08 AM   #15
swissglide
macrumors member

Drove around around 2, saw fenced lots and closed doors, a cop told me to get out and come back around 7. Got here around 6, took me a few minutes to find a line. No more than a hundred people ahead and some 50 behind, so this may still be a good place to come.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:54 AM   #16
swissglide
macrumors member

...And I am home with my new phone. The whole thing took about 3 hours, and once they have started to let people into the mall, the wait for me was about 20 minutes. There was no more than 70 people behind me when I entered the mall, and the store had plenty of phones in stock (except for sprint, they only had white ones available for that carrier).
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:37 AM   #17
SirAvila
macrumors newbie

That's good to hear man! you were in the Apple line? i just decided to go with AT&T line , no hype at all
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:46 AM   #18
swissglide
macrumors member

Quote:
That's good to hear man! you were in the Apple line? i just decided to go with AT&T line , no hype at all
Yea, I have VZW, and I did not clearly hear whether they said AT&T only or AT&T and Verizon, and I was frankly too confortable in my chair with the fifth game of thrones book, so I decided not to get up. You guys had no line at all, there was like 5 people there for AT&T.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:38 PM   #19
crisss1205
macrumors 6502a

Just passed by and there is no line with over 100 units stacked up by the Genius Bar. All models and colors and carriers.

Also what may be interesting to check out is the new Tesla Motors dealership on the first floor where they have a Model S on display.
crisss1205 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:42 PM   #20
freejack
macrumors regular

I'd love to believe you but after witnessing the feeding frenzy at the Manhasset store this doesn't seem possible.

Unless they received additional shipments later in the day.
freejack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:38 PM   #21
Photogmatt
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisss1205 View Post
Just passed by and there is no line with over 100 units stacked up by the Genius Bar. All models and colors and carriers.

Also what may be interesting to check out is the new Tesla Motors dealership on the first floor where they have a Model S on display.
I'm not so sure. I went and played with one at Roosevelt field at about 12:45, and the woman said to me, "the line outside". I'm waiting for factory unlocked, so it didn't matter to me.
Photogmatt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:42 PM   #22
crisss1205
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photogmatt View Post
I'm not so sure. I went and played with one at Roosevelt field at about 12:45, and the woman said to me, "the line outside". I'm waiting for factory unlocked, so it didn't matter to me.
I was there around 1:30 and there was no line outside. (Nobody in between the Apple and Sony Store exit either) and there were plenty on the Genius Bar. I was going to take a picture but the new security guys yelled at me.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:51 PM   #23
Photogmatt
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisss1205 View Post
I was there around 1:30 and there was no line outside. (Nobody in between the Apple and Sony Store exit either) and there were plenty on the Genius Bar. I was going to take a picture but the new security guys yelled at me.
Interesting. Wonder why she told me a line outside then.
Photogmatt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:49 PM   #24
SirAvila
macrumors newbie

Wow , Yeah like right after AT&T opened. Went right in and came out and yeah xD beats queuing in the Apple line. Though i rather liked the Apple hype. I've camped in the Apple Store at West 14th for the release of iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 and i kinda did regret the line! , from 5-6am exiting the store at around 1-2 pm! >.> , Though it wasn't really compared to 5th ave from what i heard.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:55 PM   #25
Neverbepeace
macrumors 6502a

Ghost Armor

Does Roosevelt Field Mall have Ghost Armor there? The one in Walt Whitman mall left
Neverbepeace is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups