Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justjax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Does anyone know if Apple will be offering the ability to reserve the iPhone5 online and collect from the store the next day like they did with the new iPad earlier this year? (In the UK you couldn't go in an buy the new iPad after the intial launch day stock was gone and in the first few weeks after launch only way to get one was to reserve online after 9pm for collection the next day).

I've done a search of the forum and someone seems to suggest they won't be doing reservations for the iPhone5, can someone confirm if this is fact or just a poster speculating? If its a definate no, I'm guessing it'll be a case of queuing each morning to try and get what ever stock they have in daily?

Adam101

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Was wondering the exact same thing, no one seems to have an answer for sure.
Would be great to know for sure.

justjax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Was wondering the exact same thing, no one seems to have an answer for sure.
Would be great to know for sure.

Well the Apple sites says "Now available for walk-in purchase on a first-come, first-served basis at your favourite Apple Retail Store" and I just called and the offical word for now is NO reserve option, so rock up and take your chances each day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.