Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SunnyFL

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010

peglegjack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's actually $3.99, but whatever. As long as it works right then I could care less.

Has anyone from NYC tried the new updated app with bus routes?

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/itrans-nyc-subway/id283492923?mt=8

Has anyone tried this app out for the NYC area? It's supposed to have subway AND bus routes as of yesterday, but it's $2.99. I'd like to know if it's worth using, because if it is it may entice me to upgrade to iOS 6.

iTrans is absolutely worth using. Much better than the Google transit directions.

Most importantly, it's completely usable offline, which Maps wasn't and isn't.

It has real-time schedule-change updates and routes you according to even temporary delays/changes. You can get push notifications for selected lines

The maps have POIs and also show subway station entrances/exits. You can get directions not just from station to station, but also from any two addresses (just like in Maps, except, again, offline) and choose routes by subway only or (with the last update) ones with subway-bus transfers.

Overall, yes it's absolutely worth using. I've always preferred it to Maps.

YCW3F.png
5idwB.png
z5Xti.png

peglegjack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
iTrans is absolutely worth using. Much better than the Google transit directions.

Most importantly, it's completely usable offline, which Maps wasn't and isn't.

It has real-time schedule-change updates and routes you according to even temporary delays/changes. You can get push notifications for selected lines

The maps have POIs and also show subway station entrances/exits. You can get directions not just from station to station, but also from any two addresses (just like in Maps, except, again, offline) and choose routes by subway only or (with the last update) ones with subway-bus transfers.

Overall, yes it's absolutely worth using. I've always preferred it to Maps.

ImageImageImage

That's great to hear, I'll definitely check it out.

planktons

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2012
I can't say enough good things about it. Even before the new Maps was in I used it on a daily basis. It will use service alerts and changes to reroute you, has neighborhood maps showing where the entrances are, among many other cool features.

Very, very easy buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.