Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:26 AM   #1
Sricky
macrumors newbie

Your experience with selling your used Mac?

I own a Apple MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 1.6GHz 13.3" (MB003LL/A). I no longer use it now that I use my iPad for surfing the web and have another laptop. What has been your experiences with selling a used laptop. I bought this when it was released. I have the optical drive to go along with its original adapters, charger and box. The only defects would be minor scratches. And the button on the track pad is broken. You can still use it just have to press it in the sweet spot. And one more thing. The base of the laptop (keyboard area) seemed to rise and is not flush but everything is functional. So bottom line. Craig's list. eBay. Or sell to a company for less than I can probably sell it for. Thanks in advance!
Sricky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:04 AM   #2
Acorn
macrumors 68020

you could try ebay. ive sold a couple of laptops on ebay and had no issues once i stopped accepting bids from people with 0 feedback. I wont deal with them at all. its always an issue.

I dont think you can get much for that model but i would always choose ebay over those companys that buy stuff from you for instant cash. what they always offer is 10x worse then what you could get by selling it yourself. those instant cash sites are a real kick in the face.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:14 AM   #3
Sricky
macrumors newbie

Yeah I figured I wouldn't get much which is why I was considering someone like. Macofalltrades or gazelle to avoid the headache of explaining what's wrong and worry about shipping. Those 2 sites offer about 250-300. Which I figured I could get a little more if I sold it myself. Just not sure how well those websites are
Sricky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:00 PM   #4
stchman
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to stchman Send a message via Yahoo to stchman Send a message via Skype™ to stchman
I tried sending you a PM, but could not. PM me with the specs and how much you want for it shipped.

Thanks.
stchman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:11 PM   #5
EmaDaCuz
macrumors member

Sold two on ebay and one on craiglist-style website in the UK. Smooth transactions on ebay, a bit more difficult in the other case because of problems in transfering money.
EmaDaCuz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:33 PM   #6
m.demian
macrumors member

Wow $250? I can't believe anyone in their right mind would even be willing to drop money on that machine.
m.demian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:36 PM   #7
Beanoir
macrumors 6502a

Don't listen to the clowns!

I sold mine on ebay a month or so back, and that was a lower (base spec) 11" 2010 model. It was immaculate, all the bits and bobs with it and boxed. I got 505 (GBP) for it.

Have a look on the completed listings for same spec and condition and go from there for a guide price, its he best way because thats what people are ACTUALLY paying, not what people are spouting on mac rumors!
Macbook Air 11.6" 1.6Ghz i5 / 4Gb / 128Gb
Beanoir is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air