Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kinnyboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
I've just seen that COD4 Modern Warfare is in the app store top 10 and on sale. I'm tempted to get it but will only really play multiplayer. I'm pretty certain that i'll fire it up to find the servers empty and no-one playing. Is there still a community about that plays or is it a shanty town on there now??

thanks very much!

koolmagicguy

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
New York
I've just seen that COD4 Modern Warfare is in the app store top 10 and on sale. I'm tempted to get it but will only really play multiplayer. I'm pretty certain that i'll fire it up to find the servers empty and no-one playing. Is there still a community about that plays or is it a shanty town on there now??

thanks very much!

There are lots of people (myself included) that play CoD4: Modern Warfare. =eGO= servers are the most active. Hope to see you there!!

Keep in mind that the release date for Black Ops has been confirmed for next week. http://www.gameagent.com/games/call-of-duty-black-ops

El Awesome

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2012
Zurich
I used to play it. Be sure, there are enough players out there so that the multiplayer is still lots of fun.

Meanwhile I switched to bootcamp and I'm playing Battlefield 3 & Bad Company 2...

kinnyboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
I expect they will all jump to Black Ops when it comes though. Oh well, I may give it a go. Need to get a wired 360 controller first!

koolmagicguy

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
New York
No support for HD4000? I've been able to play about every game at native resolution with medium settings at steady 60FPS. I'm betting even the HD3000 would be able to handle this perfectly fine.

Yeah, it's very disappointing. I will get it and I'll let everyone know how it works. I messaged Aspyr and they said gameplay improves if you replay the level (like if you die).

I wonder how this makes sense from a business standpoint. Not everyone has an iMac or a Mac Pro.

----------

I expect they will all jump to Black Ops when it comes though. Oh well, I may give it a go. Need to get a wired 360 controller first!

CoD4 is multiplayer between PC and Mac. Black Ops is only multiplayer between Macs. So all the PC players will still be playing CoD4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.