Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:22 PM   #1
anonymou5e
macrumors newbie

Problem with Facebook cant save photos to device

Before switch to io6 if you held down on a photo you would get a screen giving you the option to save photo. Getting same screen, hit save photo and nothing saves.

Anyone else having this problem????
anonymou5e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:44 PM   #2
SoloStyle
macrumors regular

I just saved a photo from Facebook, and it worked just fine. However, the first time I tried it, I received a pop up saying that Facebook needs access to my photos/camera roll (I forgot the exact wording). I clicked accept, and the photo saved just fine.

I'm thinking maybe you accidentally denied access or something. Check Settings>Privacy>Photos and see if Facebook is listed and toggled Off.

Hope that helps.
SoloStyle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:53 PM   #3
Squid7085
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Squid7085
Hey thanks, that's actually helpful for a friend of mine. I didn't even think about privacy settings.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:54 PM   #4
Bonez86
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloStyle View Post
I just saved a photo from Facebook, and it worked just fine. However, the first time I tried it, I received a pop up saying that Facebook needs access to my photos/camera roll (I forgot the exact wording). I clicked accept, and the photo saved just fine.

I'm thinking maybe you accidentally denied access or something. Check Settings>Privacy>Photos and see if Facebook is listed and toggled Off.

Hope that helps.
^^^ This happen to me last night, and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't do anything after I hit deny. Was worried that it was going to try and link my photos to my facebook and didn't want that, but they just wanted to access it to save the photo.
Bonez86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:01 PM   #5
anonymou5e
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloStyle View Post

Hope that helps.
I was thinking the same exact thing happened but I have been through every inch of the settings and cant find anything that would toggle giving access to anything like that. I just tried reinstalling facebook to see if that resolves the issue.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez86 View Post
^^^ This happen to me last night, and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't do anything after I hit deny. Was worried that it was going to try and link my photos to my facebook and didn't want that, but they just wanted to access it to save the photo.
OK so we all know the problem but what is the fix Im not a complete idiot with this stuff and I couldnt find anything in the setting to give facebook access after the fact[COLOR="#808080"]

----------
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:03 PM   #6
Bonez86
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymou5e View Post
I was thinking the same exact thing happened but I have been through every inch of the settings and cant find anything that would toggle giving access to anything like that. I just tried reinstalling facebook to see if that resolves the issue.

----------

OK so we all know the problem but what is the fix Im not a complete idiot with this stuff and I couldnt find anything in the setting to give facebook access after the fact[COLOR="#808080"]

----------
Trying to remember off the top of my head as I don't carry my phone to work, but if you go into Settings/Privacy/Photos there should be a Facebook toggle in there. You can turn it on and go into your facebook and select a photo to save and ensure it goes to your camera roll.
Bonez86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:15 PM   #7
anonymou5e
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez86 View Post
Trying to remember off the top of my head as I don't carry my phone to work, but if you go into Settings/Privacy/Photos there should be a Facebook toggle in there. You can turn it on and go into your facebook and select a photo to save and ensure it goes to your camera roll.
I did that as that would be the logical thing but when you go to;
settings/privacy
you get these options - "how you connect" "sharing on facebook" "timeline and tagging" "apps and websites" "limit the audience for past posts" "block people and apps"

I have explored every singe one of these inside and out and cant find anything that give access or make any mention of photos
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:13 AM   #8
yanki01
macrumors 68000

settings > privacy > photos > on

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6