Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zimpaz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
I have set up my laptop and its webcam to watch my front doormat. I have software on it that will allow me to log into it from my computer at work and see if a delivery card has been put through my door.

My real question here is, have i lost the plot?:p

DMHmac

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2012
A little bit on the crazy side but if you have the technology why not use it?

Squid7085

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I put up a webcam years ago with an email alert for motion. Originally for one of the early iPhone launches, it has come in handy over the years. :D

Xarthan

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I've been doing this for years, got sick of running to the front window when i hear a disel truck. lol

rnizlek

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Washington, DC
I'll be watching for UPS from my desk via my office's security system. Never mind that there is someone in receiving who will sign for the package and eventually bring it to me - I'm going to be waiting when the UPS guy walks through the door.

lnferno

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
I'm going to be hiding in the bushes in a 3 point football stance ready to side tackle the UPS delivery guy when he shows up Terry Tate style.

nightpanda2810

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
When I was waiting on my 4, I swear there were at least 2 dozen random diesel trucks driving past my house that day. I definitely got some exercise then lol.

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
I used to do this...

Until last year when I put a GPS tracker on all Fedex trucks in my area. Now whenever one comes within 1000 ft of my house, I know they are delivering my iPhone.

EdwardSung

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
I don't think it's crazy -- on two occasions I've had UPS/FedEx trucks drive right past my house without stopping, and I happened to see them out the window so I had to jump into my car and chase them down.

Peanut207

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
I have set up my laptop and its webcam to watch my front doormat. I have software on it that will allow me to log into it from my computer at work and see if a delivery card has been put through my door.

My real question here is, have i lost the plot?:p

Genius idea. I like it. ;)

Sputnek

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
Florida - Ohio
Anyone remember the old movie Congo with the man-killing apes? I think it was with that guy in Nip/Tuck. Anyways we should set up a laser / turret system just like they did in the movie. Well minus the turrets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.