Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Aug 19, 2005, 07:11 PM   #1
prophet621
macrumors member

Multiple pages in Safari?

I just bought my first Mac (ibook) about an hour ago and of course I have to play with it and give it a test spin.

Whenever I'm on the internet I usually have several browser pages open at any time. In Windows and Linux they show along the taskbar and I just click the one I want to see. How can I do this in safari? While I haven't adjusted to tabbed browsing yet, I keep accidentially closing all tabs since I'm used to switching between pages from the taskbar rather than closeing only one. Does Safari support tabbed browsing?
prophet621 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 08:00 PM   #2
mad jew
Moderator emeritus

Of course it does. Look in the Preferences under General where you can select to open new pages in tabs and under Tabs where you can enable them in the first place.

Oh, and try to get used to Exposť too, it's quite useful.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 11:40 PM   #3
Jen5678
macrumors regular

if you hit f9 on your keyboard you will see all the programs/pages you have open then you can just choose which one you'd like.
Jen5678 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 12:06 AM   #4
munkle
macrumors 68030

And to open a link in a new tab, command(the apple button)-click the hyperlink.

To rotate between open Safari pages press command-`(above the tab key). It's prob easier to use exposť if you have lots of pages open.

You can play around with the tabs preferences to get them to behave how you want. There is also a list of relevant keyboard shortcuts listed under the tab preference settings.

Keyboard shortcuts makes the world go round
munkle is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store