Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:34 AM   #1
Jenni8
macrumors member

Facebook and iPhone and Mac

So I do like the integration of Facebook and that they added all my friends to my contacts. ALTHOUGH, I don't like that they all show up on the iPhone and their doesn't seem to be any way to prevent that without turning the contacts capability all the way off.

Does anyone know of a way to make the contacts NOT appear on the iPhone but still sync to the computer from Facebook? Funny thing is that on the list in the column the Facebook it shows it completely separate from the iCloud section, yet it still syncs through iCloud anyway.

Very strange and annoying. I like all the contacts on the computer, just not on the iPhone, and I DON'T want to stop syncing the contacts that are already on my Mac.

Is it just not possible yet?? Or do I need to wait for someone to make a tweak so I can force it my way, cause I know that apple would take WAY too long to make that option if they don't have it now or ever. Hmmm.

Thank you for anyone who knows anything to help with my answer.
Jenni8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:18 AM   #2
udontno
macrumors regular

Open contacts on your phone and click groups in the top left. Go down and unselect facebook contacts.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:29 AM   #3
fletch33
macrumors regular

thanks for the info
fletch33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:38 PM   #4
Jenni8
macrumors member

Talking Thanks!

Oh sweet thank you SO much. My husbands playing a game right now, but I'll fix it as soon as I can
Jenni8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion