Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BluePhoenixRa

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2012
Hello there!
So, I've only been living in the US for like 2.5years now..and I am upgrading phones for the first time later today! Yay ~

As a first timer, I have a question..
Can they both be active at once? (I am gonna go ahead and say no, cause logically that's what it should be like. But hey, I don't know either way!)

Or do I have to turn one off/put on airplane mode, and run the other one. Which would mean..when I want to activate my iPhone 5, I need to put my iPhone 4 on airplane mode THEN turn on my iPhone 5 for the first time and set it up.

Thank you so much! =)

Nyy8

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2011
New England
Hi BluePhoenix!

What will happen is that, if you are on verzion, you will call a number I think *89 on the new phone. After that, the iphone 4 will basically become a paperweight, that plays music, and apps, and can connect to wifi. Then the new Phone will be in service, its easy and takes only a few mins! Or you can open a second line for I think an extra $30 a month and use both phones (But who would do that? lol)

As for ATT, and Sprint I can't comment since I dont use them

BluePhoenixRa

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2012
Hi BluePhoenix!

What will happen is that, if you are on verzion, you will call a number I think *89 on the new phone. After that, the iphone 4 will basically become a paperweight, that plays music, and apps, and can connect to wifi. Then the new Phone will be in service, its easy and takes only a few mins! Or you can open a second line for I think an extra $30 a month and use both phones (But who would do that? lol)

As for ATT, and Sprint I can't comment since I dont use them

Awesome! Thank you so much! =D

I basically just turned my iPhone 4 on Air plane mode and turned the other one on, and boom it worked! =D

Now using the iPhone 5 without any problems ~ Yay =D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.