Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leerichards1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
For those countries receiving their iPhones on September 28th, will Apple be offering pre-order, as they did for UK/US/DE etc?

Looking at the Apple website for the Czech Republic and Ireland, I still just see a coming soon message. Not even mention of an actual release date yet.

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2008
Same story in the Netherlands.

Some Apple employees stated that we would only be able to order the iPhone 5 on the 28th of September. Sad, looks like there will be no pre-orders for the countries of "the second group".

Sermon

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2009
No pre-orders here in Austria as well, but that's no surprise. With the 4s you could not pre-order as well, but only order on launch-day. I assumed it would be the same for iPhone 5.

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
both http://www.telecom.co.nz and http://www.vodafone.co.nz offering pre orders for next week.

No Contract Free options though, and telecom (who I normally go with) only offering iPhone 5 on select plans, not all.

Sigh..

Yeah I want it on prepay. Don't wanna sign a 2 year contract :eek:

Such a shame, Telecom offered 4S on prepay last year and even gave a free sim (and I switched back to 2D after getting my iPhone)

mac'n'nz

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2010
Havelock North, New Zealand
Yeah I want it on prepay. Don't wanna sign a 2 year contract :eek:

Such a shame, Telecom offered 4S on prepay last year and even gave a free sim (and I switched back to 2D after getting my iPhone)

I have another year on a crap telecom plan. Want to terminate ($300 ouch) and go on the telecom $19 prepaid plan.

Really want to get this outright, have been going through all the facebook comments from both telecom and vodafone, telecom have said no, vodafone is avoiding the question.

GRR

yezza

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
I'll be going with prepay too (same with iPhone 4 and 4S). Had Telecom and Vodafone offered slightly more generous plans, I may have been swayed. I also want to keep my options with Telecom open for when they launch the LTE trial this year.. Hopefully prepay customers will get to participate - if so, I'm there!

yezza

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
I'll be ordering through the Apple Store. I don't have any hard evidence, but from reading various forums over the past two years I'm under the impression that any service/replacement required will be taken care of nicely, whereas it seems many people have had the run around when requesting repairs or service through resellers.

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
I have another year on a crap telecom plan. Want to terminate ($300 ouch) and go on the telecom $19 prepaid plan.

Really want to get this outright, have been going through all the facebook comments from both telecom and vodafone, telecom have said no, vodafone is avoiding the question.

GRR

Yeah, annoying isn't it. $19 plans are great

----------

I'll be ordering through the Apple Store. I don't have any hard evidence, but from reading various forums over the past two years I'm under the impression that any service/replacement required will be taken care of nicely, whereas it seems many people have had the run around when requesting repairs or service through resellers.

I'll order off apple as well. But if there's no pre orders then it means it will only be available to order on the 28th. And most likely will have a 2 or more week shipping :mad:

mac'n'nz

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2010
Havelock North, New Zealand

Such a ripoff. I pay $49 a month at the moment for 2500 texts, 50 mins calling and 500mb data, the $19 plan is 5000 texts, 60 mins calling and same data.

I pay 2.5x as much for less?

Theres got to be something in the consumer act about that?

Then again, i did sign the contract.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Who did you go with?

and what plan?

I payed it in cash, without plan. I already have a plan on my 3G that is currently just being lifted over in form of a nano sim to my iP5. I have always considered buying it in cash because you get these extra fees if you pay it over time.

It was 800 EUR for me. 32 White.

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand

Such a ripoff. I pay $49 a month at the moment for 2500 texts, 50 mins calling and 500mb data, the $19 plan is 5000 texts, 60 mins calling and same data.

I pay 2.5x as much for less?

Theres got to be something in the consumer act about that?

Then again, i did sign the contract.

So how much did you get subsidized?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.