Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ElCidRo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
Could anyone please tell me if the nevelocked iPhones went on sale in the Apple Store's?

THANKS!

moosquared

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2010
Could anyone please tell me if the nevelocked iPhones went on sale in the Apple Store's?

THANKS!

You mean the factory unlocked iPhone? If you're in the US, then no. You'll have to wait about a month or so. I think there is a thread somewhere that says the same thing about Canada apple store as well.

ElCidRo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
You mean the factory unlocked iPhone? If you're in the US, then no. You'll have to wait about a month or so. I think there is a thread somewhere that says the same thing about Canada apple store as well.

Hmmm I remember reading that last year the neverlocked iPhone 4S was available from the first day in store :confused:

Jamesesesesess

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
Neverlocked lol.

Call an Apple store and ask. I doubt they're selling them unlocked yet tho since I haven't heard anything about it.

You can always buy a locked one without a contract and then buy an IMEI unlock on eBay for <$10. Same thing.

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
Or you can buy the verizon iPhone 5 full price its completely unlocked just no LTE for AT&T

ElCidRo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
Is this like Nevernude?

Have you tried actually looking for yourself?

I would, but I'm in Europe and I have a friend that could buy me one from there.
So they are sold in apple stores without contract now? Is it the same price like the 4S was? 650$ for the 16GB version?

We call them neverlocked over here (I didn't invent the term) to differentiate them from the ones which were initially locked to a carrier and then unlocked using software or a sim unlock.

Thanks!

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
I would, but I'm in Europe and I have a friend that could buy me one from there.
So they are sold in apple stores without contract now? Is it the same price like the 4S was? 650$ for the 16GB version?

We call them neverlocked over here (I didn't invent the term) to differentiate them from the ones which were initially locked to a carrier and then unlocked using software or a sim unlock.

Thanks!

4/4S were $699 plus tax! The 5 is now at $649 plus tax. Apple drop $51 from last year!

max5peru

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Peru
how did u get it?

How did you get the iphone? You get the full price from ATT/VERIZON?
I'll be visiting the US soon and I want to buy the iphone 5 as soon as I arrived.
Thanks!

I bought a full price iPhone 5 at an apple store popped my t-mobile sim and worked. The phone will only be locked if you get the phone subsidized.

ElCidRo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
my friend checked at an apple store and they aren't selling them without a contract yet...
they are selling them at bestbuy though - but for $699 + taxes

Geoffb3

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Canada
Erm, nope? I know people who have bought unlocked iPhone 5's from the local Apple store (Newmarket).

Really I have been to Sherway Gardens, Square one, and the Eatons Center stores all of which directed me to apple.ca and told me not to hold my breathe.

lucky you. :eek:

Geoffb3

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Canada
Hrm. Asked for a Device Only purchase?

yup. I tend to travel internationally for an extended periods of time, so i cant do contracts.

mind you I received my iPhone5 yesterday with only a 20 day wait, which was still shorter then the 3-4 weeks quoted. So i really can not complain.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
yup. I tend to travel internationally for an extended periods of time, so i cant do contracts.

mind you I received my iPhone5 yesterday with only a 20 day wait, which was still shorter then the 3-4 weeks quoted. So i really can not complain.

Ahhh. Weird, I know a few people who have picked them up asking device only. Maybe out of stock?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.