Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:37 AM   #1
farmerdoug
macrumors 6502a

Where is the story board?

I wrote an application the included a story board; I downloaded an application that has a story board but there is no .storyboard file. Where do I look? I take it it's generated in the OverlayViewController.

thanks
farmerdoug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:29 AM   #2
multinode
macrumors regular

Hi ...

Look for a directory called en.lproj where your source files are. Inside that directory is a file called MainStoryboard.storyboard. You can thusly see it in Finder.

Go to the menu: View/Navigators/ShowProjectNavigator. This way you can see the same storyboard file inside your project.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:46 AM   #3
farmerdoug
macrumors 6502a

Thanks but I don't think that's the right answer. I think code was from a verison that used something other that storyboard.
Possible?
farmerdoug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:47 AM   #4
dejo

I'm confused.

First you say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerdoug View Post
I wrote an application the included a story board
Then you say:
Quote:
I downloaded an application that has a story board
Are you looking for the storyboard in the app you wrote or in the app you downloaded? Or what?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:50 PM   #5
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Quote:
I think code was from a verison that used something other that storyboard.
Possible?
Yes, it's possible that they used a file type other than storyboard for building their interface. They may have used files with an extension of .nib (if it's really old,) or .xib (newer.)

The drawback with nibs/xibs is that each file can only contain a single view controller (or screen or scene or whatever you want to call it.) As a result, a lot of inter-vc communication has to be written in code. But storyboards were only introduced a year ago, so lots of sample code will still have .xibs.
ArtOfWarfare is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming