Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frost17

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
I was on the App Store looking at my previous apps that I've purchased and all of a sudden the phone locked up and a green screens with vertical lines popped up and turned off my phone. The phone then rebooted to the lock screen and every time it would lock up again and I would see green and red lines.

This cycle went on for about 10 minutes. It's back to normal now, but I'm sure that can't be good.

ATT 32GB White iPhone 5.

Frost17

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
Phone is stuck in a boot loop now. Does not want to restart. I put it into recovery mode, but iTunes does not recognize the phone at all.

Very frustrated. Does not work at all.

stealth80

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
got mine connected to itunes atm and it reboots every couple of minutes ... i know i got a 2 week wait with this if i gotta return it, luckily i aint sold my 4 yet

s.p.xosder

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
My phone is doing the same. Opened a case with Apple yesterday. May need a replacement. I have done a restore and it hasn't fixed it.

s.p.xosder

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Update: iPhone replaced

Went into the apple store and they went to

Settings --> General --> About --> Diagnostics and Usage --> Diagnostic & Usage Data

They were able to quickly see a ton of kernel panic messages and swapped the phone nice and easy. Since I had already performed a full restore of iOS, they were satisfied that it was a hardware issue. :):apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.