Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI is a no go for AT&T LTE. It's suppose to come live before the end of the year. Honestly I'm not that concerned. HSPA+ is still plenty fast and with data caps who cares

krashx7

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2012
Im about 30 minutes out of Oklahoma City in an average sized town. No we dont have it here and probably wont for years to come. I was wondering though, is there any where to see when your city is suppose to get it? Im always hopeful..

armyxrays

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
Fresno, CA
I'm in sacramento so unfortunately no AT&T LTE :(

Anyone else missing out?

Hey, I'm down in Fresno and we also don't have ATT LTE. Good news for you, Sactown is on the list to be switched on before the end of this year. Fresno... not on the list :(

EDIT: Sacramento shows on ATT's webpage that it was switched on 2 days ago. Do you have your phone yet to test it out?

Megalobyte

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007
Florida
Not yet, but my "4G" speeds are about 5-7 Mbps, and the 5 I tested inside the Verizon store today was doing about 12 on LTE, and truthfully, web pages seemed to load just as fast as my 4s on 3/4g.

dannyhex

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
NY
I live in long island about 40 mins away from new york city which is covered in 4g lte. We have no 4g, sucks.

Dokk

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
IA, TX ... I never know
No LTE in Iowa City, IA; but dang, 4G sure is an improvement. Plus, this new iPhone 5 just SCREAMS in comparison to my old iPhone 4. I'm a VERY happy camper. And when I go to Dallas next week, I'll be in complete LTE heaven. :D

jcrmrr

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2008
Hey, I'm down in Fresno and we also don't have ATT LTE. Good news for you, Sactown is on the list to be switched on before the end of this year. Fresno... not on the list :(

EDIT: Sacramento shows on ATT's webpage that it was switched on 2 days ago. Do you have your phone yet to test it out?

Do you know when Fresno area is scheduled to get LTE? I'm in Tulare and wondering when we will be getting it here. Verizon offers LTE but cell coverage isn't that good.

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
I'm in sacramento so unfortunately no AT&T LTE :(

Anyone else missing out?

Sacramento's LTE coverage for AT&T was turned on a couple of days ago. My co-worker has an AT&T iPad 3 and we tested it out to see if it worked. It does. :)

southfrisco

macrumors member
May 24, 2009
Do you know when Fresno area is scheduled to get LTE? I'm in Tulare and wondering when we will be getting it here. Verizon offers LTE but cell coverage isn't that good.

Seattle, Detroit, Portland, Honolulu, Pittsburgh, Sacramento, Birmingham, Memphis all have been confirmed live by AT&T. Additionally, Philadelphia and Cincinnati seem to be LTE live as well.

armyxrays

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
Fresno, CA

Fresno is just "by the end of 2013". Sucks because Bakersfield and Modesto have it already.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
Albuquerque has Verizon LTE, but not AT&T (until the end of the year). So, when I get my iPhone it'll be without LTE for a few months.

wailana94

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Kona, Hawaii
LTE in Hawaii will start towards the end of the year, most likely December. So, I'll be waiting till that day happens. But hey, I live on an island. Lol.

spades1412

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
I'm in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area of Minnesota. The AT&T sales rep I bought my phone from today said LTE was just turned on here. I've been on "4G" since I picked up my phone this morning. I just recently saw a blip of LTE and instantly ran a speed test. Yeah, .68mbps down and 0.00up. They better still be working on this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.