Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamdm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
I call it my "Sticky Dock"...a cheap battery-powered portable speaker that Target sold last Christmas for $10. The round base is the speaker, and then there is a slanted platform with a highly-polished rubber coating that grips the back of the phone and leaves it slanted there in front of you. It is sturdy/solid/heavy enough that you can punch buttons on your phone while it is sitting right there in front of you and it won't go anywhere.

Anyway, looks like the slate back of the new iPhone 5 does not provide that same stickiness (slick rubber against slick glass) and now it looks like it is going to be unusable unless I can modify it somehow.

I'm also wondering how this might affect those dashboard sticky pads...same concept although they are usually actually a little more sticky to the touch where this one just relied on the polish of the back of the phone against the polish of the rubber on the stand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.