Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janee24

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
I have been up since 7:30 am...I am suppose to be on the road for a 9Hour across the state of florida to Fort Walton Beach from PALM bEach...smh! the fedex facility is only less than 10 mins....Highly upset...I know its alot of orders but geesh i gotta go lol

Dfndr90

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
FedEx has until 15:00 to deliver your iPhone.

I have been up since 7:30 am...I am suppose to be on the road for a 9Hour across the state of florida to Fort Walton Beach from PALM bEach...smh! the fedex facility is only less than 10 mins....Highly upset...I know its alot of orders but geesh i gotta go lol

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Yep they could be late. Does not matter how far or close they are.

Really crazy but one of our phones arrive via UPS and the other via FedEx:confused:

Castle87

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
I had to be up at 7am (on my day off from college) because our fridge crapped out so we got a new one shipped. PC Richards gave us a window of 7-10 and came at 7:30. Which was cool, but I'm dragging and I can't go to sleep until this phone gets here. Fedex told me it will get here by 3. Got a case of the murphy's law going on. I've ordered 3 other apple products and had them delivered by ups, missed all 3. All 3 times because they came super early. One time I even got up at 9:30am to beat the guy, but they had come at 9:15. I was hoping they would come early again like they have all the other times so I can get my phone and go back to sleep but that ship has sailed.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
And I know our Fed Ex guy hits businesses first and residences late morning/early afternoon.

Or maybe he just stopped to enjoy a nice lunch.

Seriously though - I feel sorry for these guys today. A buddy is a UPS driver and he says iPhone launch day is EASILY the most dreaded day of the year. Not because of the volume - but for people trying to get their stuff early on his route.

EdwardSung

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
I imagine their delivery schedules are way off from normal today. I spoke with our regular FedEx (Ground) guy this morning and he said the Express guys are slammed with a whole bunch of short stops delivering iPhones.

janee24

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
I had to be up at 7am (on my day off from college) because our fridge crapped out so we got a new one shipped. PC Richards gave us a window of 7-10 and came at 7:30. Which was cool, but I'm dragging and I can't go to sleep until this phone gets here. Fedex told me it will get here by 3. Got a case of the murphy's law going on. I've ordered 3 other apple products and had them delivered by ups, missed all 3. All 3 times because they came super early. One time I even got up at 9:30am to beat the guy, but they had come at 9:15. I was hoping they would come early again like they have all the other times so I can get my phone and go back to sleep but that ship has sailed.

WOw.... i have missed some deliveries due to them not ringing my doorbell or not knocking -_- ...their were plenty who said they have came and i was sitting by the door with out so much of a knock....so i woke up early especially since i have a long drive...i was hoping to get it earlier and to leave before 10am...smh

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Mine is being delivered via Fedex. They have till 3oclock my time. So they still have a few hours to go. Not sweating it. I am more worried whether it is scuffed up or something than what time it comes. I can deal with it being late, as long as it is ok.

janee24

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
And I know our Fed Ex guy hits businesses first and residences late morning/early afternoon.

Or maybe he just stopped to enjoy a nice lunch.

Seriously though - I feel sorry for these guys today. A buddy is a UPS driver and he says iPhone launch day is EASILY the most dreaded day of the year. Not because of the volume - but for people trying to get their stuff early on his route.

Yea i feel bad for them also....i just hope he hurry up...I know he has other deliveries and i respect that just excited/aggravated lol

Castle87

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
WOw.... i have missed some deliveries due to them not ringing my doorbell or not knocking -_- ...their were plenty who said they have came and i was sitting by the door with out so much of a knock....so i woke up early especially since i have a long drive...i was hoping to get it earlier and to leave before 10am...smh

Yeah, it's brutal. Anytime I get a shipment via UPS, it comes at like 5 or 6pm. Fedex, 9-10am. But of course, today couldn't be one of those days now that I'm actually home and awake. Sucks.

janee24

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Mine is being delivered via Fedex. They have till 3oclock my time. So they still have a few hours to go. Not sweating it. I am more worried whether it is scuffed up or something than what time it comes. I can deal with it being late, as long as it is ok.

Yea thats something i wanted to see also...but as soon as he arrives i will be walking down stairs with him to my car...opening while driving lol

griefrev

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2010
Louisville, KY
Mine was delivered at 11:30 this morning. Fed Ex left on my front porch. If I recall, I had to sign for my iPhone4 two years ago. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with them just leaving it on my porch.

janee24

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Mine was delivered at 11:30 this morning. Fed Ex left on my front porch. If I recall, I had to sign for my iPhone4 two years ago. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with them just leaving it on my porch.

Seriously???...did they knock?...I have went outside about 10 times already lol smh nothing!

----------

Yeah, it's brutal. Anytime I get a shipment via UPS, it comes at like 5 or 6pm. Fedex, 9-10am. But of course, today couldn't be one of those days now that I'm actually home and awake. Sucks.

i know right lol and this has been the earliest ive been up in a while....smh I work from home so i can get up whenever...on wednesday i got a delivery from fedex around 10:30 am smh

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
Also double check your time. My original delivery time was '9/21 before 3:00pm'. It's now been updated to '9/21 before 8:00pm'

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Fedex just changed my time from 3pm to 8pm. Looks like i a may not be able to make it to the store to switch over my lines today.

nws0291

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2006
There was a Fedex truck on a flatbed on I95 in Boca today that looked like it was rear-ended by a semi-truck. The back was crumpled in. I bet there were many iphones lost on that truck.

amd84

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
fedex has no idea what they're doing.

fedex was supposed to deliver my phone by 3pm. I left a signed and dated note on my door asking them to leave it, (I didn't know at the time it was 'no signature required'). My mom showed up to my house around 1 saying she missed fedex, and i had a slip on my door about my delivery and my re-delivery options. At this time my tracking number still said it was on the truck. About an hour later my tracking number updated to say it was DELIVERED... and left at my front door....who knows where it ended up. I now have the longest hour ever left at work until I can go track it down. :confused:

janee24

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
well sorry so late i received mines around 2:30...the driver told me we were one of the last deliveries on his route -_- smh! lol im still trying to activate it

----------

fedex was supposed to deliver my phone by 3pm. I left a signed and dated note on my door asking them to leave it, (I didn't know at the time it was 'no signature required'). My mom showed up to my house around 1 saying she missed fedex, and i had a slip on my door about my delivery and my re-delivery options. At this time my tracking number still said it was on the truck. About an hour later my tracking number updated to say it was DELIVERED... and left at my front door....who knows where it ended up. I now have the longest hour ever left at work until I can go track it down. :confused:

wow sorry to hear that!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.