Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:39 PM   #126
selva
macrumors member

Somebody should do a study on rates of autism in LTE areas vs. 3G vs. no service areas. I can't imagine that all this speed increase in radio waves is without health consequences.
selva is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:11 AM   #127
NumberNine
macrumors regular

So the majority are people who already had an iPhone but had to have the newest. Apple's got this down to a science, release a new phone every year and watch everyone upgrade because the new one is "revolutionary"
NumberNine is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:39 AM   #128
selva
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNine View Post
So the majority are people who already had an iPhone but had to have the newest. Apple's got this down to a science, release a new phone every year and watch everyone upgrade because the new one is "revolutionary"
If the so called stats are to be believed.then it could imply two things:

(1) Users like iCloud so much that they don't want to switch to a different phone, and,
(2) They made so much money on their AAPL stock past year they feel they deserve the best in life.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:49 AM   #129
b166er
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post
Where do you people come from?
I stated that upgrading yearly is not as dramatic as upgrading every other year. Does that not make sense?

iPhone 5 offers me nothing worth extending a contract and paying full price. My area doesn't have LTE. I may get one unlocked down the line. If I had been due for an upgrade I would have probably ordered one, but otherwise unlocked makes a lot more sense from my point of view.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:45 AM   #130
Luscious
macrumors member

This article is pointless and stupid. You can't conclude anything from a survey of 100 people when millions were buying the product.
Luscious is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:47 AM   #131
davelanger
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsfire View Post
My 4S is slick and smooth on iOS 6. I'm having trouble seeing what the big push from 4S to 5 is for.
That is why I am glad i am on the S cycle. I always think the middle upgrades is always better. I like the 3GS 4S and what ever the 5S will be over the 3G 4 and 5
davelanger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:18 PM   #132
skippymac
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by selva View Post
Somebody should do a study on rates of autism in LTE areas vs. 3G vs. no service areas. I can't imagine that all this speed increase in radio waves is without health consequences.
wow.
skippymac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:59 PM   #133
selva
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippymac View Post
wow.
Prior to 1990 CDC data show there were about 4 or 5 cases of autism per 10000 children.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2009/...nce-of-autism/

Now the CDC is finding it is 1:88. In U.S. boys, it is 1:54.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/data.html

It is now of epidemic proportions. The costs to future society can be not just emotionally and stressfully impacting on families but also a huge financial burden on health care systems in caring for these kids throughout their lifetimes. It is probably the single most important medical challenge of our generation. All avenues need to be investigated ASAP without a rock overturned. Our own future children and grandchildren may be the next ones afflicted.

Last edited by selva; Sep 23, 2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:45 AM   #134
gdeusthewhizkid
macrumors 6502a

Waiting on the 5s myself and in the meantime finallly getting a 32 gig Ipad. Ios 6 was a great upgrade so i treated myself to a 4s 16 gig finally.. I dont see much in the 5 that makes me want it but it nice.
2x TVs | 64 gig iPad3 |Canon 5d mark2 with various lenses
gdeusthewhizkid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:15 PM   #135
pmz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by b166er View Post
I stated that upgrading yearly is not as dramatic as upgrading every other year. Does that not make sense?

iPhone 5 offers me nothing worth extending a contract and paying full price. My area doesn't have LTE. I may get one unlocked down the line. If I had been due for an upgrade I would have probably ordered one, but otherwise unlocked makes a lot more sense from my point of view.
I don't have LTE in my area.

Thanks to AT&T's change of policy, I was not eligible for full subsidy either.

I still chose to pay $449 for an iPhone 5, because of EVERY OTHER WORTHWHILE aspect.

And considering its as easy as could be to now sell my 4S for about $350 on eBay.....I essentially paid $100 for an iPhone 5.

And don't give me that nonsense about extending your contract. What are you planning on ditching phones forever sometime in the near future? Give it a rest. That's not a point of argument.
pmz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:42 PM   #136
b166er
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post
I don't have LTE in my area.

Thanks to AT&T's change of policy, I was not eligible for full subsidy either.

I still chose to pay $449 for an iPhone 5, because of EVERY OTHER WORTHWHILE aspect.

And considering its as easy as could be to now sell my 4S for about $350 on eBay.....I essentially paid $100 for an iPhone 5.

And don't give me that nonsense about extending your contract. What are you planning on ditching phones forever sometime in the near future? Give it a rest. That's not a point of argument.
Buying a phone unlocked is a lot more worthwhile to me. It's not nonsense. I'm not ditching phones or providers, I'm ditching two year contracts.
b166er is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:30 AM   #137
selva
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippymac View Post
wow.
What the military kept from the public on microwave radiation:

http://bcfreedom.wordpress.com/2012/...iation-part-2/
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:24 AM   #138
Mago
macrumors 6502

I'll not upgrade to iPhone 5, I'll kept my 4S at least another year (until "iPhone 5S"), I'll spend my upgrade budget for this year on an Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as secondary Phone/tablet replacing my Nexus 7 and giving me an 2nd OS "just in case".

My Message to Tim Cook Is:
F'*** U, Jobs was a Genius, you still a vaccum cleaner salesman just with good luck.
Mago is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:10 AM   #139
Supa29
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 is awesome. If I had a 4S, upgrading to 5 is a sure thing considering iPhone 5's design and speed

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion