Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Killerbob
macrumors 6502a

iPhoto 9.4 Update issue

Hi,

I live in Greenland, where you actually pay pr. MB for downloading off the internet. Hence, I have practised downloading patches and upgrades as installation packages, and then applying these to my laptops and desktops. However, with the latest iPhoto upgrade (9.4) I have downloaded "iPhoto9.4Update.pkg", but when I execute this file I get the message that "the version of iPhoto on this Mac must be updated through the Mac App Store"
WFT???

Is it no longer possible to download a pkg file and update several Macs? It worked fine with the OSX10.8.2 update just a few days ago.

/Bo
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:58 AM   #2
Yptcn
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerbob View Post
Hi,

I live in Greenland, where you actually pay pr. MB for downloading off the internet. Hence, I have practised downloading patches and upgrades as installation packages, and then applying these to my laptops and desktops. However, with the latest iPhoto upgrade (9.4) I have downloaded "iPhoto9.4Update.pkg", but when I execute this file I get the message that "the version of iPhoto on this Mac must be updated through the Mac App Store"
WFT???

Is it no longer possible to download a pkg file and update several Macs? It worked fine with the OSX10.8.2 update just a few days ago.

/Bo
Don't !!! 9.4 has issues ! Since I updated , when I plug in iPad or iPhone I have multiple empty events showing up in iTunes !
Yptcn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion