Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maccingout

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Hi everyone! So as of two days ago I've been having a bit of trouble connecting wirelessly to my 2wire router that I recieved from AT&T about a couple of years ago. My iPad connects wirelessly just fine, but whenever I try to connect wirelessly with my MacBook Pro (Mountain Lion) the router seems to restart (maybe even powercycle?). And the "Could not connect to [####]. Connect timeout" pops up whenever I want to try to connect again. The internet works just fine via ethernet cable, though.

Now, I've called AT&T and they have told me that it's because of a bad power supply and that I'd have to go and buy a new power cord. I haven't gotten the power cord YET, but I just figured I'd post to see if anyone else has had a similar experience? I've searched many times before making a post, but I haven't found a resolution. I've tried deleting the Keychain Access entries, restarting the router, and turning off the wifi. Basically every "work around", but of course with them being workarounds they aren't an official solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.