Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:11 AM   #51
mpossoff
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynikal.Mindset View Post
on my 4s the case fit so tight there was never any build up of lint, dust etc in the case when I removed it. For maximum protection I did use it with a back cover protector on my phone along with a screen protector. Same will be used for the iP5.
What about the beveled edges on the 5 installing and uninstalling?
mpossoff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:26 AM   #52
Cynikal.Mindset
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpossoff View Post
What about the beveled edges on the 5 installing and uninstalling?
aside from the nicks that came on the phone from new there has been no new damage from the case from installing it or taking it off. I just did an inspection again now...same as friday when installed, no new damages
Cynikal.Mindset is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:35 AM   #53
mpossoff
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynikal.Mindset View Post
aside from the nicks that came on the phone from new there has been no new damage from the case from installing it or taking it off. I just did an inspection again now...same as friday when installed, no new damages
Thanks my white iPhone came flawless but it looks like the sides and polished bezel can get easily scratched/nicked.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:45 AM   #54
PM-Performance
macrumors 6502

I have two of these cases for the 4 and 4S. I LOVE the cases other than that they scratch like hell on the back within hours of use.
Speck actually refunded me and let me keep the cases and said they will someday make the Candyshell in a matte finish to help this.
PM-Performance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:23 AM   #55
Boston Rhett
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM-Performance View Post
I have two of these cases for the 4 and 4S. I LOVE the cases other than that they scratch like hell on the back within hours of use.
Speck actually refunded me and let me keep the cases and said they will someday make the Candyshell in a matte finish to help this.
Agreed about the scratching, though I hardly notice it on my white Candyshell. On my red one, yeah it's a little beat up.

They've already come out with a matte version. It's called the Candyshell Satin.
4/4S: http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-...hone-4s-4.html
5: http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-...-iphone-5.html
Boston Rhett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:44 AM   #56
TG1
macrumors 6502a

I'm also intrigued by the "Satin" version of the Candyshell which has a soft touch back which is supposed to be far more grippy and resistant to scratching. Anyone give this one a go?
TG1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:46 AM   #57
hockey17
macrumors regular

where did you guys find the white and grey candy shell? thats the one I want.

I checked bestbuy and verizon. only had black/black white/black blue/yellow and blue/coral
hockey17 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:46 PM   #58
macdaddy121
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Yahoo to macdaddy121
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey17 View Post

I checked bestbuy and verizon. only had black/black white/black blue/yellow and blue/coral
I saw a few of the white and grey cases at Target this morning. Try there.
macdaddy121 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:15 PM   #59
PM-Performance
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Rhett View Post
Agreed about the scratching, though I hardly notice it on my white Candyshell. On my red one, yeah it's a little beat up.

They've already come out with a matte version. It's called the Candyshell Satin.
4/4S: http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-...hone-4s-4.html
5: http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-...-iphone-5.html
My main one was black. It looked horrid pretty quick.
That matte looks awesome. In the 4S I need the flip though because of my Pioneer adapter in my car. The 5 this likely wont be a problem though so this is very enticing to me.
Thanks for the link!
PM-Performance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:11 PM   #60
ryanmcv
macrumors 6502

Is there an easy way to remove the phone from the CandyShell case? I tried one of these at Best Buy and it took me about 10 minutes to get case off. If it weren't for the ridiculously tight fit, I would have bought it.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:20 PM   #61
macdaddy121
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Yahoo to macdaddy121
Just bought the Candy Shell Satin on Speck's website and it should arrive by the end of the week. I own the SATIN shell for my MBA. I love it. Will post pictures of the Satin when I get it.
macdaddy121 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:21 PM   #62
55test55
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmcv View Post
Is there an easy way to remove the phone from the CandyShell case? I tried one of these at Best Buy and it took me about 10 minutes to get case off. If it weren't for the ridiculously tight fit, I would have bought it.
Its not easy but it does get easier. IMO you want it to fit tight. Better hold on the phone and less **** gets behind or around the phone.
55test55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:44 PM   #63
Munkypoo7
macrumors 6502

Is anyone using the Candyshell in conjunction with an SGP / Spigen screen protector? Just would like to know if any bubbling occurs.

Also, how are the sides holding up on the Candyshell? I'm fearing the dreaded peeling effect :\.

Thanks in Advance
Munkypoo7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:50 PM   #64
tju317
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkypoo7 View Post
Is anyone using the Candyshell in conjunction with an SGP / Spigen screen protector? Just would like to know if any bubbling occurs.

Also, how are the sides holding up on the Candyshell? I'm fearing the dreaded peeling effect :\.

Thanks in Advance
No bubbling with Ultra Crystal and candyshell. Can't answer about the peeling since it's only been a few days.
tju317 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:02 PM   #65
Munkypoo7
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by tju317 View Post
No bubbling with Ultra Crystal and candyshell. Can't answer about the peeling since it's only been a few days.
Excellent, thank you so much

Guess I'll wing it and hope Speck got that peeling finally fixed. Freedom from the Otterbox! :P
Munkypoo7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:06 PM   #66
levels
macrumors member

I've posted how I have the black one and LOVE the fit and protection it adds, but also am considering returning it to best buy and trying out the satin one. Is there ANY disadvantages of the satin one? I don't get why everybody only stocks the shiny version? The fit and build is just so good on the one I have that I don't know if it's worth risking a switch?
levels is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:38 PM   #67
hockey17
macrumors regular

just picked up the harbor/coral color from best buy. should look good with my white 32gb that I'm getting tomorrow :]
hockey17 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:52 PM   #68
tju317
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by levels View Post
I've posted how I have the black one and LOVE the fit and protection it adds, but also am considering returning it to best buy and trying out the satin one. Is there ANY disadvantages of the satin one? I don't get why everybody only stocks the shiny version? The fit and build is just so good on the one I have that I don't know if it's worth risking a switch?
Should be practically no traces of fingerprints or scratches with the satin. I'm going to return it once the satin version shows up from Speck.
tju317 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:57 PM   #69
swamyg1
macrumors regular

Satin version is in their site, just ordered one myself:-)
swamyg1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:13 AM   #70
andy769
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey17 View Post

I was able to find a white/grey one at my local corporate AT&T store. Might want to try there.
andy769 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:55 AM   #71
faiz23
macrumors 6502

faiz23 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:02 AM   #72
pyrodex
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to pyrodex Send a message via Skype™ to pyrodex
Anyone noticing slightly lower volume with the candyshell on versus off? I've noticed that I have to turn my volume down to 50% where I normally would turn it down to 10-20% since with the iPhone 4S it was so much louder.
pyrodex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:21 PM   #73
jrodsep
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrodex View Post
Anyone noticing slightly lower volume with the candyshell on versus off? I've noticed that I have to turn my volume down to 50% where I normally would turn it down to 10-20% since with the iPhone 4S it was so much louder.
Been wondering that myself. I still haven't got the ip5 but looking at the speaker holes it might be a problem. Does anyone know?

BTW I bought a white/black candyshell grip. And it has the same openings.
jrodsep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:08 PM   #74
tokiidokii
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrodex View Post
you really shouldn't hear a difference because of how it is molded. there is a giant hole inside the rubber lining for mic and speaker instead of them trying to line up the holes individually. my phone pretty much sound the same with and without the case (i don't have a decibel meter tho LOL) so maybe some holes in your case are plugged up?

i got the cobalt/butternut squash color and seriously... it is awesome! i might do a review on it. if i do tho, it's gonna be pretty intensive with lots of pics and stuff.
tokiidokii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:16 PM   #75
mpossoff
macrumors 68020

I love my white/grey Candy combo for my white iPhone 5. I had to take off the side protection so it would fit. Fits well with front and back shields though.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories