Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple Watch > iPhone

Old May 2, 2015, 12:57 AM   #1
fre3way
macrumors newbie

iPhone Screen Clicking

I bought the iPhone 6 when it first came out but now I just noticed the screen is clicking. Its especially annoying when I'm talking on the phone and it clicks as it touches my face at times. I also have the moved front camera so I'm hoping they can give me a replacement. Will apple replace it and will the replacement be refurbished? I just don't want some used iphone when I paid full price for a new one.
fre3way is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2015, 09:34 AM   #2
Newtons Apple
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre3way View Post
I bought the iPhone 6 when it first came out but now I just noticed the screen is clicking. Its especially annoying when I'm talking on the phone and it clicks as it touches my face at times. I also have the moved front camera so I'm hoping they can give me a replacement. Will apple replace it and will the replacement be refurbished? I just don't want some used iphone when I paid full price for a new one.
The clicking has been reported many times and Apple will replace you phone. It will be a refurb, that you will not be able to tell the difference from new, to replace it. They can not give you a new phone as your phone is no longer new.
Newtons Apple is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM   #3
futurefortress
macrumors newbie

My screen was clicking as well, on the upper left side near the lock button. I've had the phone since launch week, but just noticed it making the noise in the last few weeks. I even noticed that the sound and volume of the clicking would change with time of day/temperature. I took it to Apple and waiting close to 2 hours for them to swap my display for a new one. After I got the phone in my car, I noticed it was still making the clicking noise in the same spot, with the brand new display. Now I'm convinced it's the actual housing of the phone! Maybe it's bent or misshaped to cause the screen not to be fitting into place.. Either way, I don't think I'm going to bother taking it back into Apple. It's not a huge deal for me personally, just kind of annoying at times.
futurefortress is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:17 AM   #4
MacDavey
macrumors newbie

My 5C has a clicking screen so I took it to the Apple store and they said it wasn't normal and replaced the screen. It started clicking again and they replaced the whole phone.

Unfortunately I had this issue 4 times with my 5C though, but I've never had it with any other model.

Screen clicking isn't normal and I'd always take a phone back if this happened.
MacDavey is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple Watch > iPhone