Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM   #1
vaultwit
macrumors regular

Apple

Who's bright idea was it to replace the iOS 6 weather widget in the notification center with text based weather info that reads out weather information in complete sentences? If you remember, the weather widget used to be a rectangular section that showed the current, hi, and lo temps, along with a visual of the current weather state.

Now it has sentences. "Sunny currently. The high will be 85. Clear tonight with a low of 62." I thought the point of this widget was to give quick weather info at a glance. Who wants to read sentences?! Also, the information presented is not always consistent. Notice in the above example, the current temperature is not given.

Am I the only one that thinks Apple goofed on this one? I know there are third party widgets out there, but they are not as clean looking as an Apple widget would be.

EDIT: Ok wise guys. Somehow the thread got posted before I finished typing on the title... It was supposed to read: "Apple's notification center weather widget"
vaultwit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM   #2
apple.snapple
macrumors regular

and the award for worst thread title goes to.....
apple.snapple is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM   #3
vaultwit
macrumors regular

Wow. Somehow the thread got posted before I finished typing on the title... It was supposed to read "Apple's notification center weather widget"
vaultwit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:28 AM   #4
eclipse01
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple.snapple View Post
and the award for worst thread title goes to.....
Was thinking the same thing...
eclipse01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone