Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

walkman

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
UPDATE: I did a network reset and now everything is working MUCH better. Cell coverage is more consistent, LTE is staying in sync, calls sound good (not quite as good as landline). LTE browsing speed is amazing.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Atlanta. I had huge hopes for the Verizon network when I made the switch from ATT to Verizon. So far, I'm feeling very let down.

First I'm not getting an LTE signal in my house. Second, my signal still goes to Zero (just like ATT) at a low spot on a major street near my house. LTE was going on and off as I drove through an area that seemed like it should have consistent coverage.

To make matters worse, the sound quality was horrible when I made a test call to a buddy. There was a lot of echo and his voice was cutting in and out. He said my voice sounded fair. Then the call dropped. When I called him back the call sounded much better (he said so too) -- but nowhere near great. It had a weird processed sound that made me immediately wonder if there was a sound equalizer option in the phone.

How is Verizon connection/sound quality for others?

Last edited:

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
Since Verizon updated to 4G, signal strength on 4G phones is actually for 4G and 3G data, not 1x for voice. I cant comment on voice quality as I have yet to receive my iphone.

OutGolfn

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2010
Voice quality on Verizon in NC today was great on the iphone 5. Calls sounds crystal clear and LTE data speeds have been incredible.

zachnelson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2010
Already spent an hour on the iPhone 5 talking, voice quality was up to par from what I'm used to.

wellok

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Excellent quality. I never thought of my 4S as being bad at all but the 5 is a noticeable improvement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.