Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:08 AM   #126
iisdan
macrumors regular

Unprofessional but they do make sence
iisdan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:10 AM   #127
Reaktor5
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDaKat View Post
The S4s are nice...
I do love them, most durable earbuds I've ever owned too. I found that the Comply tips give a better seal than the silicone ones.
Reaktor5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:10 AM   #128
petsounds
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysods View Post
A whole ad for panorama?
Sure, why not? It's one of the only features of iOS 6 that I think is really cool. Have you tried it? It's incredibly fast, and the algorithm they use to stitch together the images is really impressive. I got a great one today at the Griffith Observatory when I was waiting for the Shuttle to fly over.

What I don't understand is why they bury Panorama in the Options menu of the Camera, instead of making it a button on the main screen. How many people even press the options button? How many will even know Panorama exists, or where to find it? At least this ad will help with the first part, but not so much with the second part.
petsounds is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:10 AM   #129
thasan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic-Car Man View Post
Mm.. I would give 8-10 out of 10 to those 4. Lowest is the panorama one but I assume lot of general customers are not aware of the other options of doing this.
I haven't myself used other apps for this but I was really impressed with the apples panorama in 4s. It took care of a lamp perfectly in the middle of the first panorama I took! Physics one is good, so it is the ear phone one. But the thumb one pushes thumb into the eyes of giant television size phone manufacturers
thasan is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:10 AM   #130
MacDav
Banned

More in tune with Apple type ads. Not great , but better than the pulled genius ads.
MacDav is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:10 AM   #131
2strokedude
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tones2 View Post
The iPhone 5...Crappy earphones, now in a different shape....
Yep.
2strokedude is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:11 AM   #132
mohsy90
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDaKat View Post
Yeah man like total burn! /s

What a stupid comment. They aren't burning Apple, they are burning the customers they hope to get. They still show Apple with lines around the block... I don't get it. Don't they want to be the ones with with lines around the block?

"Oh yours got a bigger screen? Well this one is bigger..."

Yeah, my 27" screen at home is bigger too, so whats your point? My iPad has a bigger screen as well, I don't get it. As if that extra .5 inches, thats where its at man, you haven't lived until you've had a 4.5" screen!
Lol. I just thought the ad was funny and a majority of it true, even if did upset me because I'm an Apple fan. It was a ad in very poor taste but still funny.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:12 AM   #133
inscrewtable
macrumors 6502a

First look the ads seem nice, but after a short while they in fact begin to seem dated, like a poor man's version of the original 'I'm a mac and I'm' a pc ads.

If Apple can design their own SoC then I think it's about time for their ad agency to pull their fingers out and invent something that pushes the envelope as their products do.

Compare these with the 1984 superbowl ad, or even Virgin Airlines 'still red hot' one of my or perhaps even the best ad of all time.
inscrewtable is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:12 AM   #134
Z400Racer37
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkersten View Post
I thought these seemed a little cheesy. Man remember the good ole days of the dancing silhouettes for the iPods?
YES! jeez, this is their second gaff in a row, first those genius ones, now these... garbage ads..... they explain what everything is, theres no more intuition. you actually have to listen to the words, you cant just see how awesome their stuff is anymore (a la the old silhouette campaign) Plus his voice is annoying. especially that cheeeeese part. i hope these last 2 ad campaigns are just flukes (not to mention the fact that they actually shipped their maps app when it was unfinished), because otherwise, Apple is starting to slip already... :/
Z400Racer37 is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:13 AM   #135
thasan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizzard View Post
God. These just keep getting worse. Things quickly changed for Apple after Steve left. And not in a good way. Their ads used to be elegant. Now- just stupid.
What your idea of an good ad for iPhone 5? Just curious... The only difference is, there's lots of talking.. As if teaching people something. They are different but I like them all
thasan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:13 AM   #136
astr0
macrumors newbie

Panorama mode

Hmm, not bad... but strange that they would dedicate an ad to Panorama Mode, which also works on the iPhone 4S.
astr0 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:13 AM   #137
angelneo
macrumors 68000

I don't really like these new ads, the need to verbalise everything is annoying. These ads are trying to sell the phone features, whereas previous iPhone ads (not the genius sitcom) are selling an image and they appeal more to the emotions.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:14 AM   #138
appleguy123
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by astr0 View Post
Hmm, not bad... but strange that they would dedicate an ad to Panorama Mode, which also works on the iPhone 4S.
The 4S software does everything the iPhone 5 software does.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:15 AM   #139
mykem
macrumors regular

The Panorama one sells both the phone and the concept. When you look at Samsung, for example, it's usually set outdoors- a huge vista of mountainous, rather predictable scene. This one is sweet- and with cute kids which means it will sell millions to parents and grandparents. Hopefully some of them realize that Panorama is an iOS6 feature and not phone specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petsounds View Post

What I don't understand is why they bury Panorama in the Options menu of the Camera, instead of making it a button on the main screen. How many people even press the options button? How many will even know Panorama exists, or where to find it? At least this ad will help with the first part, but not so much with the second part.
It's just 4 button press- or from the locked screen one swipe and three pressed buttons- to start the mode. That's not buried especially if you have the camera button on the main home page. Although I do admit, it's a bit slow between each pressed button with iPhone 4S but less so with iP5.

Last edited by mykem; Sep 22, 2012 at 12:24 AM.
mykem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:17 AM   #140
DAVIDUGLY
macrumors member

I know that voice...

Dumb and Dumber?
DAVIDUGLY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:18 AM   #141
thasan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagandale4114 View Post
Two thumbs up for these ads.
I hate your profile icon mate...
Every time I see it, I get a 2 sec heart attack that one of those pesky insects are inside the screen
thasan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:21 AM   #142
zizone
macrumors newbie

It's going downhill. Better than the genius ads though.
zizone is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:22 AM   #143
Z400Racer37
macrumors 6502

You know what i just realized? The best one is the thumb one, and its better with the sound OFF. they could refine it a bit in the beginning to emphasize concentrating of the thumb/screen size relationship, but just the video with music would have been much MUCH better. Watch it with the sound off, you'll see what I mean. And the other ones suck... smdh
Z400Racer37 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:23 AM   #144
astr0
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleguy123 View Post
The 4S software does everything the iPhone 5 software does.
Not quite - taking still pictures while recording video is an iPhone 5 only feature.
astr0 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:26 AM   #145
levitynyc
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsy90 View Post
Samsung still burned Apple with this one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf5-Prx19ZM
swapping playlists by tapping your phones? seriously? who would EVER do that?
levitynyc is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:26 AM   #146
appleguy123
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by astr0 View Post
Not quite - taking still pictures while recording video is an iPhone 5 only feature.
I didn't even know that that was a feature! Thanks.

Why doesn't the iPhone 4S do it, and are you totally sure?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:27 AM   #147
mykem
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z400Racer37 View Post
You know what i just realized? The best one is the thumb one, and its better with the sound OFF. they could refine it a bit in the beginning to emphasize concentrating of the thumb/screen size relationship, but just the video with music would have been much MUCH better. Watch it with the sound off, you'll see what I mean. And the other ones suck... smdh
No I disagree. I love Jeff Daniels- Newsroom is the best show on TV- his voice is fine.
mykem is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:27 AM   #148
pacalis
macrumors 6502

Nothing better than watching a suspenseful show that's interrupted by a lecture on how ears are weird.

More SOUL, less SEOUL.
pacalis is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:29 AM   #149
fartey
macrumors newbie

Better than the genius one

This are better ads than the previous superbowl ads... some a bit overtop but still spot on
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:30 AM   #150
appleguy123
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by fartey View Post
This are better ads than the previous superbowl ads... some a bit overtop but still spot on
There are cash for gold ads better than those Genius ads.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion