Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:58 PM   #76
JimMorrison8
macrumors newbie

Saw the same thing yesterday it was in the password section when I was in the App store. Tried to re-create the glitch today but not successful just yet.
JimMorrison8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:16 PM   #77
Nicolas4ever
macrumors 6502a

i think it is a SW issue, my best friend's iPhone 5 does the same thing in the App Store and only while tapping his password...i am 100% it is a SW issue:P
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:59 AM   #78
Hpye
macrumors 6502

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ixg...e_gdata_player
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:36 PM   #79
Omh11
macrumors newbie

Exact same problem when entering password in App Store.
Omh11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:43 PM   #80
inlinevolvo
Banned

I'm having the exact same issue when entering my password on the app store. This is the only place it seems to be happening. I called Verizon, and the rep said they have never heard of the issue. So they got an Apple tech on the line who asked me to make an appointment. We'll see what they say when I take it in.
inlinevolvo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:46 PM   #81
hollowplayer
macrumors member

it could be alternative keyboard, removed alternative input never happens again.
hollowplayer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:59 PM   #82
patrickbarnes
macrumors newbie

I've seen this too -- while in the App Store entering the password.

I think this is a graphics driver issue (the password dialog is actually really GPU intensive), but there's no way for us to know.

I'd wait until 6.0.1 to see if it gets resolved if no other issues are present in your iPhone 5.
patrickbarnes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:28 PM   #83
robotphood
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardsfan85 View Post
I thought mine seemed better today, but then it had another episode this afternoon. I was watching a long Youtube video over 4G. About 5 minutes into the video, the whole screen started shaking. I stopped the video, and the display continued to shake. The entire home screen was fuzzy. The horizontal line for me appears at the top of the screen, so when it shakes, nearly the entire screen shakes. I rebooted, but the screen continued to shake.

Some people have also talked about a much more limited version of the flicker that seems to only happen on the App Store login screen. I'd be interested to know whether that is just a much more limited version of the issue the original poster and I are experiencing or if that is a different issue altogether.

It looks like my phone needs to go back. I need to find out what my options are. The Apple Rep kept giving me warranty repair options, but I am not really interested in having my phone repaired. I want a new one.
I'm in the same boat. A couple of days ago I did a hard reset and the whole screen spazzed out. Flickering and horizontal lines all over the screen. I've also seen the appstore issue a few times. Since then it hasn't happened. I did hard reset my phone this morning and when my phone boot there was flickering in most areas of the display (but no lines). After a few power cycles it went away. Not sure what's going on here. I haven't been able to replicate it.
robotphood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:25 PM   #84
darrinaltman
macrumors member

Add me to the list. In App Store happened when prompted to input password.
darrinaltman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:41 PM   #85
StefInk
macrumors newbie

Same here, only notice it when it asks for my password in the App Store. Hope it's nothing major.
StefInk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:52 PM   #86
Rudegrl
macrumors newbie

Same here, thinking this is software since I only see it in the AppStore (?). I'm going to wait a few more days, the Apple store is madhouse at the moment.
Rudegrl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:00 PM   #87
jrlepage
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovex View Post
Can't be anything other than hardware related.
How do you know this? I'm having the same issue at the same exact moment (when putting in password to download a new app). To me it seems more likely to be a software issue since it seems to be reproducible via the same *software* trigger (password entry prior to app download). Can you explain why this sounds more like a hardware problem to you?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:42 PM   #88
robotphood
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlepage View Post
How do you know this? I'm having the same issue at the same exact moment (when putting in password to download a new app). To me it seems more likely to be a software issue since it seems to be reproducible via the same *software* trigger (password entry prior to app download). Can you explain why this sounds more like a hardware problem to you?
That does seem like a software issue. But not everyone is only seeing the issue in the app store (myself included).
robotphood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2012, 06:26 PM   #89
alternapop
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to alternapop
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlepage View Post
is it hardware related? yes... but it is hardware caused? doubtful... keep your phone and wait for a software fix.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
alternapop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2012, 06:31 PM   #90
pure3d2
macrumors 6502

Mine did the pixelation/RBG color thing on the keyboard when I was typing my password to purchase any app today. I ran my finger left and right to the different keys and the artifacts went away.

I haven't been able to reproduce it.
pure3d2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2012, 09:43 AM   #91
inlinevolvo
Banned

Well I had my phone replaced, and it is doing the same thing
inlinevolvo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2012, 05:51 PM   #92
phatspider
macrumors 6502

Have spotted this a few times - most recently this morning when I typed in the password for a new WiFi network.

Only ever seen it when the keyboard pops up
phatspider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:26 PM   #93
Mathies92
macrumors newbie

I have same problem

Hi guys

I have exactly the same problem. I am on my second iPhone 5 now. The first one got replaced, but the touch-screen did also die on that one. It died actually few minutes after i saw the screen flickering in App Store when i typed my password.
Mathies92 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:46 AM   #94
Cheri0473
macrumors newbie

Iphone 5 Screen Flickering on App Store Signin Screen

On a couple of occasions when I have purchased an app from the app store and the password prompt comes up, the keyboard has a flickering strip going across between the first and second row of numbers/letters on the keyboard. I called Apple today and was told that is was probably a software issue. The Customer Service Rep advised me to reset all settings (settings-general-reset all settings). If this doesn't resolve the issue, he told me to back up the phone to Itunes/Icloud and restore the phone. If it happens again after this, I will need to get another phone. Having read all of the post where people have gotten new phones and it's still occurring, it makes me think it's a software issue. One thing I will say is that the guy I spoke to at Apple said that I was the only person he has spoken to with this issue so I encourage others to call in hopes that Apple might address the issue and come up with a means to resolve it.
Cheri0473 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:48 AM   #95
eleite
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpye View Post
this happen to me when i download app from appstore and while i type the password there is like tv flickering thing on my screen
I'm having the EXACT same problem... wtf.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:12 PM   #96
vet
macrumors newbie

I have the same problem too. Happened on my first iPhone 5 and now the replacement does the same thing too. I assume its a software issue, since it happens on both my device and a couple other friends'.
vet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:52 PM   #97
Homersapien
macrumors newbie

I tried two 5's, both flickered. Seemed like a software issue, but it was annoying all the same.
Homersapien is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:23 PM   #98
Duxnut
macrumors newbie

Add me to list as well. It has happened several times when login appears for the app store. Attempted a screenshot but of course it didn't show up in the pic or cleared up at that point.
Duxnut is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:38 PM   #99
wingsabre
macrumors regular

I'm getting the same issue with password entry for iTunes, and App Store. Happened several times. Thinking I won't use those apps anymore for the time being (hint hint Apple).
wingsabre is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:07 AM   #100
lk400
macrumors 6502

Havent seen any recent activity here - I'm on my second iphone 5. My first didnt seem to do this (but i dont download many apps). This one has done it twice today already. The replacement was a refurb, not a new one.
lk400 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone