Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daniel078

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
so i installed over OTA yesterday then noticed today my purchased items sectino under update just loads and loads for 20 seconds then the screen goes black for a quick second then app store crashes.. i have no way to tell what i have previously purchased unless i go into itunes now.

i hard reset 3 times and nothing . so now i actually erased settings and reboot to factory settings then restored from my last backup from right after i put in ios6 and the purchased tab still not working.

i dont see specific topics about this and i already reboot from factory default so there is nothing else i can do.. is this a app store server issue? its a major pain not having this tab working and not being able to use it to see the list of all the games ive bought and ability to download easily again

please help

i am on a 4s

jonah21

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2011
When I click > Updates > Purchased, it does the same as yours. Crash - Black Screen - Won't open quickly after crash.
A person mentioned in his post that when he was talking to apple tech, "Purchased" opened while he was on the phone. Same thing happened to me and I was on home phone, following instructions using iPhone on wifi.
Just a fluke, but strange.
No updates for our problem so far.

rudgelax123

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
You might be running low on ram or your processor speed might be low. You might need to upgrade your driver as well.

archwizard

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2011
Having same problem with my iPhone 5, running iOS 6.0 previously and 6.0.1 now. Problem doesn't go away with update.

On another 4S, Purchased section was working perfectly in iOS 5 but broke as soon as it was upgraded to 6.0.1, different iTunes user account.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
More than likely it's just another issue (and there are at least a few) with the new app store design that is being used in iOS 6.

pipa

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Bitcoin City
Same here on ios6 vanilla 4s. Really annoying. Can't scroll through my purchased apps. Wtf apple. 6.01 should have fixed this mess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.