Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:31 PM   #1
tbluhp
macrumors 6502a

iphone 5 nike + ipod

to use the nike + ipod feature on iphone 5 is their any special nike equipment needed like the shoe sensor?
tbluhp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:32 AM   #2
Briview
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbluhp View Post
to use the nike + ipod feature on iphone 5 is their any special nike equipment needed like the shoe sensor?
Yes, that's all you need... the white and red round sensor you put in the underheel of your left Nike+ shoe.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:47 AM   #3
weezite
macrumors regular

You actually don't even need the shoe sensor anymore of you're running outside as it tracks you using a GPS signal (and is fairly accurate doing so). You do need a shoe sensor if you are running on a treadmill though (or you can just manually enter your running data into the app).
weezite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:45 AM   #4
Briview
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezite View Post
You actually don't even need the shoe sensor anymore of you're running outside as it tracks you using a GPS signal (and is fairly accurate doing so). You do need a shoe sensor if you are running on a treadmill though (or you can just manually enter your running data into the app).
I think you're mistaking the different apps. To use the built-in Nike + iPod app that comes preinstalled, you will need a sensor regardless of your location or planned workout. There is a Nike+ app from the App Store that is free (and pretty hefty too, at more than 700 MB). That, indeed, will track your walk/run on a GPS signal and is accurate indeed.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:26 AM   #5
Hammie
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briview View Post
I think you're mistaking the different apps. To use the built-in Nike + iPod app that comes preinstalled, you will need a sensor regardless of your location or planned workout. There is a Nike+ app from the App Store that is free (and pretty hefty too, at more than 700 MB). That, indeed, will track your walk/run on a GPS signal and is accurate indeed.
I use the Nike+ app (which I love) and it takes up less than 60MB on my iPhone. You can check app sizes by going to Settings > General > Usage.
Hammie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 05:28 PM   #6
weezite
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briview View Post
Yeah, I was talking about the GPS app. I figured that's the one that he was talking about now that its free in the App Store (used to be $2.99 I think). The GPS app takes up like 67mb of space.
weezite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:49 AM   #7
Briview
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammie View Post
I use the Nike+ app (which I love) and it takes up less than 60MB on my iPhone. You can check app sizes by going to Settings > General > Usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezite View Post
Yeah, I was talking about the GPS app. I figured that's the one that he was talking about now that its free in the App Store (used to be $2.99 I think). The GPS app takes up like 67mb of space.
Yep... you're right. I was mistaking it with the Training app in terms of storage space (607 MB), while you're talking about the Running app. Sorry about that. Certainly a fantastic app with the built-in GPS tracking of your workout and in almost all ways, beats the built-in Nike + iPod app. It's almost like comparing the iPhone app to the iPod nano app.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:51 PM   #8
yoyo53
macrumors newbie

nike + iPod

Hi,
I had an iPhone 4 and used this all the time. Once I got my iPhone 5, a synced all apps but this app disappered. I am very frustrated as it does no longer appears in the app store. Any suggestions?

(Used the phone plus the sensor in the shoe as I run on treadmill and not outside.)

Thanks!
yoyo53 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:12 PM   #9
2SwiFt29
macrumors member

I think if you go to iTunes store, it should remember the app so you can just re-install it to your iPhone. I was lucky to get it when it was free and I just had to install the app again. I think it's like $.99 or $1.99 now for the Nike+ app which is the one that tracks by GPS without having to get the sensor.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:40 AM   #10
yoyo53
macrumors newbie

nike + iPod

Thanks for the response!
After posting, I went for a run (treadmill) and used the nike + running. It worked well. It was just that i wanted to make use of the sensor in my shoes. However,could not re-install the old app.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:45 AM   #11
dgamer1
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo53 View Post
Hi,
I had an iPhone 4 and used this all the time. Once I got my iPhone 5, a synced all apps but this app disappered. I am very frustrated as it does no longer appears in the app store. Any suggestions?

(Used the phone plus the sensor in the shoe as I run on treadmill and not outside.)

Thanks!
You need to go into your settings and then find the Nike + iPod window and click on it and make sure that Nike + iPod button is set to ON.
dgamer1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:49 AM   #12
yoyo53
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgamer1 View Post
You need to go into your settings and then find the Nike + iPod window and click on it and make sure that Nike + iPod button is set to ON.
You are a champ! Thanks a lot. Works a treat now.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone