Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
Does anyone have this product? It seems pretty new to the market. I have been comparing the Bose Soundock, the Klipsch iFi and now the iM7. I am looking for a very portable music system for my 20gig ipod. The iM7 seems to fit the bill better than the other two mentioned.
I have spent some time reading reviews on the iM7, but it seems that the true opinions of those who post may not be trustworthy. You see things like "bose sucks". Honestly, that does not give me much of an idea of how the thing performs.
I know that in the case of speakers much is in the ear of the beholder. But I wanted to learn if anyone had any longer term experience with the iM7 rather than the 20 min I spent in the Apple store last night comparing.

Thx.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
mojohanna said:
Does anyone have this product? It seems pretty new to the market. I have been comparing the Bose Soundock, the Klipsch iFi and now the iM7. I am looking for a very portable music system for my 20gig ipod. The iM7 seems to fit the bill better than the other two mentioned.
I have spent some time reading reviews on the iM7, but it seems that the true opinions of those who post may not be trustworthy. You see things like "bose sucks". Honestly, that does not give me much of an idea of how the thing performs.
I know that in the case of speakers much is in the ear of the beholder. But I wanted to learn if anyone had any longer term experience with the iM7 rather than the 20 min I spent in the Apple store last night comparing.

Thx.

Have you checked out iLounge, they had a pretty good review of it. Early models had a problem where the little iPod holder thingy would scratch the iPod but it's been fixed now. AL had to do a full recall, but it's all fixed now and they are supposedly very good systems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.