Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pvhp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Hi folks,

I amjust wondering a little bit about my new iphone and i am not surrwhether apple changed anything with ios6.
I took the iphone out of the box an charged it. I waited till 100 percent is showing up.

On my Iphone 4 the battery symbol changed from battery with lightning sign to the plug symbol when its fully charged...

The Iphone 5 did not changed, same thing over night. Keeps saying 100 percent, symbol is still charging.

Normal or did anybody else have the same thing?

Cheers Marc

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Hi folks,

I amjust wondering a little bit about my new iphone and i am not surrwhether apple changed anything with ios6.
I took the iphone out of the box an charged it. I waited till 100 percent is showing up.

On my Iphone 4 the battery symbol changed from battery with lightning sign to the plug symbol when its fully charged...

The Iphone 5 did not changed, same thing over night. Keeps saying 100 percent, symbol is still charging.

Normal or did anybody else have the same thing?

Cheers Marc

The iPhone including all models is known to charge to 100% discharge a little then charge back to 100%. Nothing to worry about. Let it drain completely and recharge it. Should be fine. May take a couple cycles to break in.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
Mine is doing the same thing.

----------

That is until, i replied to this thread. The charge icon is also showing full charge now.

JokerElite

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
New Jersey
The lightning bolt symbol will change to a plug symbol when it's fully charged.

100% doesn't mean full all the time since it shows up with both symbols.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.