Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2011
So I've been struggling with the music player on my soon to be replaced iPhone 4. After doing a OTA update I've had no end of bother trying to get my music sorted out. Initially I've been getting the iCloud icon and progress bar in the app but nothing was happening. Mess about with cellular setting, wifi on or off and at times it was working.
To cut a long story short I ended up doing a complete fresh instal from my mac as it had been suggested on the apple forums. Seems to have cured it until now where I'm getting the cloud icon on again, sod this I'll go back to old school and just use iTunes and transfer my music I want and not have to put up with Apples big mess with iTunes Match and music management. So I turn match off in setting, double checked both as there's also a toggle for it in iTunes and App Store. Opening the music app just to see what music I had downloaded when match was working and low and behold all my matched tracks are set there, app is now working as it should and I can download over wifi!

So the moral of this story is, if you want match to work properly, turn it off :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.