Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Has anyone found anything as yet in stock? I'm looking to replace my Just-Mobile stand, and stilgut leather case..neither company even lists things for the 5 as yet.

A stop-gap case would be okay, but not the cheap silicone stuff that Amazon have at present. Belkin list products, but you can't buy direct from them..They simply send you to Amazon who don't even list the products yet.

This gets me madder every time a new phone / ipad is released. Why don't case manufacturers have stock ready...? It's not as if they would be taking a gamble...the products always sell in droves. I'm reduced to wrapping the newbie in a micr-fibre cloth..:)

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
I've managed to find these and have ordered both...Not really expecting super quality from the case, just basic protection for now.

Attachments

• Case.png
    Case.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 397
  • Stand.png
    Stand.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 115

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I've managed to find these and have ordered both...Not really expecting super quality from the case, just basic protection for now.

I like the black fold over case.
I'm hoping I will be able to keep the same wallet i use now for the 4S. Hopefully it still fits.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
I like the black fold over case.
I'm hoping I will be able to keep the same wallet i use now for the 4S. Hopefully it still fits.

I hate to tell you, but it won't...I tried my stilt, and a couple of other 4 / 4S cases too, they just aren't tall enough, and the 5 is that much thinner that even if they did fit, the phone would rattle around in them...Another £50 spent..:D I was also dumb enough to give away my dock thinking Apple would release a new one...They won't just the adaptor. Since I only ever need to connect the phone when IOS is updated, I won't be buying another Apple dock...I might consider a combined Radio / dock for the bedroom though...Going from the 4 to the 4S was not an accessory issue...They all fit...Now it's time for all new stuff!

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I hate to tell you, but it won't...I tried my stilt, and a couple of other 4 / 4S cases too, they just aren't tall enough, and the 5 is that much thinner that even if they did fit, the phone would rattle around in them...Another £50 spent..:D I was also dumb enough to give away my dock thinking Apple would release a new one...They won't just the adaptor. Since I only ever need to connect the phone when IOS is updated, I won't be buying another Apple dock...I might consider a combined Radio / dock for the bedroom though...Going from the 4 to the 4S was not an accessory issue...They all fit...Now it's time for all new stuff!

shame if true, was hoping the phone would just stick out at the top if it is just taller and not wider. ugh.

If I'm going to get another one maybe a fold over case is the best option...will never use a plastic case ever again after what it did to my 4S.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
shame if true, was hoping the phone would just stick out at the top if it is just taller and not wider. ugh.

If I'm going to get another one maybe a fold over case is the best option...will never use a plastic case ever again after what it did to my 4S.

Plastic and silicone are the pits...I would rather go naked for now...New stuff will be here on Tuesday, and I'm not taking the phone out until I have them. The high quality stuff is expensive, but you get what you pay for...Senna, Stilgut, both good, and I will probably replace the Cygnett when they become available..The stand looks like it will do the job I need though.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011

I borrowed back the Stilgut from my buddy next door...it fits okay for width, but obviously won't cover the top of the phone....It'll see me through until Tuesday when my new stuff comes, but you couldn't use it out and about....athe top clip won't close, and the camera is way way off the hole.

Cancelled
May 9, 2012
iPhone 5 UK Case Recommendations

Hi All, I'm expecting my iPhone 5 64GB Black in the next couple of days and just wondered if anyone can recommend a particular case. Haven't seen that many in stores, just some Belmont silicone ones in carphone warehouse. Any recommendations welcome!

LJ50

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2011
I picked up an Incipio Feather case today in a little Apple reseller in Windsor. Went in expecting not to find any at all, but actually they had a few.

Feather seems pretty good. Nice texture, light as the name would suggest. Although the lip sticks out above the screen height, so a bit of protection against scratches,but not so high it's annoying.

All in all, pretty good for 16 quid.

Cancelled
May 9, 2012
Cool just googled it. Looks pretty nice. I don't usually like cases but it concerns me about this scuff 'issue' although I'm not going to let a 2 year old hammer my phone with some keys and a ring, it's being made out like its almost peeling off - like gold leaf!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.