Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Every morning (so far) the Do Not Disturb (moon icon) is gone and I must hit Settings had turn on again. This happens on my iPhone and iPad. Is this normal and is there a way to enable it for every night? There are no days or repeat schedule in the timer settings, just a clock. What am I missing?

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
Every morning (so far) the Do Not Disturb (moon icon) is gone and I must hit Settings had turn on again. This happens on my iPhone and iPad. Is this normal and is there a way to enable it for every night? There are no days or repeat schedule in the timer settings, just a clock. What am I missing?

It repeats every night.

wally.waldo

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2011
click notifications in the settings menu, then the do not disturb feature is in there click on it and schedule do not disturb to occur every day. its been working really well for me.

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
click notifications in the settings menu, then the do not disturb feature is in there click on it and schedule do not disturb to occur every day. its been working really well for me.

I only see From and To Time, plus Scheduled (On/Off). Where is the Every Day schedule setting?

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
If it's scheduled it'll run at that time every day. There is no repeat every day option, because the scheduled toggle takes care of that.

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
If it's scheduled it'll run at that time every day. There is no repeat every day option, because the scheduled toggle takes care of that.

...but it's not working on both of my devices. :confused: I did change the default Time and set Allow Calls From : Favorites.

The only other thing is I use both devices at night. I plug them in (charge & WiFi sync) and use the iPad (HD Nightstand) as an alarm clock and the iPhone (Zeo) as a sleep monitor. Wonder if this could effect Do Not Disturb?

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
...but it's not working on both of my devices. :confused: I did change the default Time and set Allow Calls From : Favorites.

The only other thing is I use both devices at night. I plug them in (charge & WiFi sync) and use the iPad (HD Nightstand) as an alarm clock and the iPhone (Zeo) as a sleep monitor. Wonder if this could effect Do Not Disturb?

I'm pretty sure they both have to be in sleep mode.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA

As Zcott mentioned, your devices have to be in sleep mode (with screen locked) to work. If something is running and keeping the screen on, I don't believe the function will work.

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
As Zcott mentioned, your devices have to be in sleep mode (with screen locked) to work. If something is running and keeping the screen on, I don't believe the function will work.

That kind of stinks since I like many want to use the iDevice as an alarm clock. Hope Apple updates it because also some might need to use Do Not Disturb at work for certain hours but still use their iPhone (and other special use situations that are not at night).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.