Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:06 AM   #1
Olav
macrumors newbie

Safari auto-fill is acting weird (or is my online security compromised?)

So I was reading an article on a news site and wanted to comment on it, and therefore I clicked the "add comment" button and was soon directed to the comment page.
However, Safari had auto-filled the boxes where you'd write your name, e-mail, address, etc. with another persons name, e-mail, address, etc.

I've tried deleting cookies to the specific site, I've tried disconnecting my vpn before entering the site, but none of these measures seem to work; the other persons name still auto-fills on the site when I try to add a comment.

I'm fearing someone has remote access to my computer, what should I do?
Edit: I have a MBA, that's why I posted it here, can someone please move it, was kinda panicked when I wrote the post.

Last edited by Olav; Sep 22, 2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Clearing up some things
Olav is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:58 PM   #2
dcorban
macrumors 6502a

From what I understand, the auto-fill information will come from the card you have marked as "Me" in Contacts.

Look in Safari Preferences under Autofill. Click the edit button next to "Using info from my Contacts card".

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air