Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:08 PM   #1
DCHoya
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 iMessage Delays?

So in addition to the already reported problem of not receiving iMessage alerts on the lock screen of the iPhone 5, I'm also noticing that a number of my incoming iMessages have been delayed or not going through at all until I send another message.

I regularly see the other user replying, but the reply will not come through for an extended period of time after the replying icon has appeared. On occasion, some of the replies won't come through at all until immediately after I've sent another message. Anyone having similar issues with iMessage on the iPhone 5?
DCHoya is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:10 PM   #2
jester0723
macrumors regular

I haven't had any issues sending or receiving messages.

The only thing that has happened a couple times is it's sent a message as a text instead of an iMessage. Does this happen if the person I'm talking to doesn't have internet? I'm pretty sure it wasn't on my end.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:49 AM   #3
el3ctronick
macrumors newbie

samep problem for me here..and also i see that this is a problem with my iphone 5 only..since i receive the imessages without any problem in my ipad.i can send from my phone..and i get the reply from the other person sometimes first in my ipad and after 15-30 minutes in my iphone..thats bad and did not have such an issue with my previous 4s.
el3ctronick is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone