Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rarexair

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Hey

So I got my 64gb Black iPhone 5 yesterday and took it to AT&T store to activate it, they upgraded my line and all was well until I realized all day when my phone was on wifi it would constantly go into a cycle every few minutes showing "No Service" then going back to full bars.

Note this doesn't happen if I have wifi set to off. These are locations that I always had full bars on my iPhone 3, 4, etc. When it reads "No Service" and I place a call it immediately jumps back to full bars.

I contacted Apple Support and also AT&T and tried everything they told me to do and no solution, anyone having the same problems?

Lintrix

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2009
I had something a little bit similar. Sometimes the phone will refuse to find a cellular data signal when turning off Wifi or going out of range of Wifi. It wont show LTE, 4G, 3G or E.. just nothing - even if turning cellular data on and off. Have to restart to fix.

kdraw1213

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2012
Had the same issue

I have a 16gb black Iphone 5 from the first batch. I noticed that the WIFI wouldn't work AT ALL! 48 hours straight of this, and finally went to the apple store this morning. Of course the phone works on Apple's WIFI, but that is probably because it is not secure. They think it was a bad batch of phones that have this glitch, and they replaced my phone for a brand new one. The new one works perfect.

It is NOT a software issue, its the phone. I would suggest getting a replacement.

MacSTi

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2009
I can relate as I am having the same issue. I am having an intermittent issue where the phone would LOSE service and show no service for a few minutes and then amazingly regain service. 32Gb iPhone5 ATT.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.