Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gryz

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
I can't seem to change my profile picture in iMessage to any personal pics of myself. I go to "change my picture" and it gives me the option of taking a pic of myself with the cam, using a preloaded avatar like a zebra, or selecting a pic. I go to my desktop where I have a JPEG of myself, double click, and it does nothing....

mattroman246

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
You should be able to do as follows:

Messages > Change my picture > Other and then select the pic wherever it is.

another option would be

Messages > Change my picture > Recents and then just drag your picture to to that window with your recent pics

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
I was having the same issue as well. The last method worked for me too.

illegalprelude

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Los Angeles, California
This is great. Was having an issue where a profile picture would appear on the iPad and was even properly set for my Contact Card but could not get it to appear in iMessage. The last option solved the issue!

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
What about it syncing with your own contacts, so when you update your own number it updates the imessage image for mac?

MacRPh

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2013
iMessage Profile Pic

I have done that, however, periodically it changes from the pic I've chosen back to the soccer ball which was the default pic. Any thoughts?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.