Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you upset at iOS 6 not coming to the iPad 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scarrab666

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
Sydney
All,

Sorry if this seems like a useless thread; I own an iPad 1 and, to be honest although I understand the argument of why iOS 6 is not coming to the iPad 1 (RAM, vintage, etc...) I'm still really disappointed at not being given the choice (especially as the 3GS has the option, and yes I understand the difference in screen size, and still being on sale) . Anyone else, even though understanding the arguments, upset?

Boo Hoo :(

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
You do know that of the 3 things that matter to iOS' performance, the 3Gs bests the iPad 1 at 2 of them? The 3Gs has the same amount of ram, but because of the smaller screen, less it needed for a video memory. The smaller screen also makes the 3Gs better at graphical tasks. Both devices have the same GPU, but the 3Gs' has to drive 1/4th the amount of space. The only advantage the iPad 1 has over the 3Gs is raw CPU speed.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
i hated the first iphone and the first ipad

any gen 1 product from apple is usually crap. first gen MBA as well. overpriced and underpowered, but oh so pretty

SONiC5

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
U.S.
I was disappointed since I got my iPad only last year and its already obsolete.

I don't get the whole iPad 1 vs 3GS spec argument, does iOS 6 really require more resources/higher specs to run as opposed to iOS 5? My 4S is actually faster on iOS 6 than it was with iOS 5, this is the first time any of my iDevices became faster with an update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.