Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:49 PM   #1
Knifey-Spoony
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
How do you transfer photos back to the camera roll?

How do you transfer photos back to the iPhone's camera roll? When I use iTunes it will put the photos in a Photo Library folder, but i want it all in the camera roll. Any ideas on how I can do this besides emailing myself the photos?

Thanks
Knifey-Spoony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:51 PM   #2
robdam1001
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifey-Spoony View Post
How do you transfer photos back to the iPhone's camera roll? When I use iTunes it will put the photos in a Photo Library folder, but i want it all in the camera roll. Any ideas on how I can do this besides emailing myself the photos?

Thanks
When I backed up and then restored from backup all of my pics were back on the camera roll.
robdam1001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:55 PM   #3
MacPod
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
You could use photostream to get them onto the iPhone, then save them in your camera roll.
MacPod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:56 PM   #4
Knifey-Spoony
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdam1001 View Post
When I backed up and then restored from backup all of my pics were back on the camera roll.
Yeah I can't restore from my backup because it's a little messed up, it causes really weird issue with my network, iMessage, personal hotspot and notifications so I had to to restore to it's factory settings.
Knifey-Spoony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:02 PM   #5
MacPod
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifey-Spoony View Post
Yeah I can't restore from my backup because it's a little messed up, it causes really weird issue with my network, iMessage, personal hotspot and notifications so I had to to restore to it's factory settings.
In that case, you can Reset All Settings, which will reset all of that, but leave your data.
MacPod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:05 PM   #6
robdam1001
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifey-Spoony View Post
Yeah I can't restore from my backup because it's a little messed up, it causes really weird issue with my network, iMessage, personal hotspot and notifications so I had to to restore to it's factory settings.
If you use DropBox, get the Camera Sync app
robdam1001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:21 PM   #7
Knifey-Spoony
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Resetting all Settings doesn't fix my issues unfortunately, I've tried multiple solutions but nothing fixes it.


I'll take a look at CamerSync, but I'm not too thrilled about uploading over 6GBs of photos and videos and then downloading it back to my device. If there's a method to transfer the photos over usb, that would be ideal.
Knifey-Spoony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:26 PM   #8
Rigby
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac? On Windows, if you connect the iPhone via USB and have at least one photo in the camera roll, it will mount the iPhone as a camera device. The camera roll is visible as a folder under /DCIM on this device. You can drag and drop your pictures to this folder in Explorer. Not sure how this works with Mac OS.
Rigby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:59 PM   #9
iBaloney
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac? On Windows, if you connect the iPhone via USB and have at least one photo in the camera roll, it will mount the iPhone as a camera device. The camera roll is visible as a folder under /DCIM on this device. You can drag and drop your pictures to this folder in Explorer. Not sure how this works with Mac OS.
When i plug in my iphone to my PC, my iphone's name shows up in "my computer" but when i access it, it doesnt show a camera roll folder, it just shows all of my photos on my phone.

ALso, i can drag and drop photos from my iphone to my PC, but not the other way around

----------

actually, came across this. Kinda reluctant to try it, can anyone vouch for this software?
iBaloney is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2014, 07:10 PM   #10
Neirys
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
You can also use an app called 'Rollit, photo transfer app'. It's really handy - USB transfer, which is 3x faster than WiFi and no third-party software to install.
Here's the link : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/roll...l=en&ls=1&mt=8
Neirys is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone: How to move photos back into Camera Roll? Hf44 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 16 Apr 4, 2014 02:29 PM
iPhone: Sort photos/videos from Photos app, instead of just from Camera Roll from Camera App? MastahRiz Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 1 May 2, 2013 07:39 AM
Camera roll photos mismatch achtungbaby iOS 6 2 Feb 11, 2013 03:48 PM
How to transfer NON CAMERA ROLL photos to PC? Gshox iPhone 7 Oct 9, 2012 09:51 PM
Photos from Dropbox -> Camera Roll? (lost photos after 5.1.1 update) blizeH iPhone 2 Jul 1, 2012 06:46 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC