Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
My refurb 2011 iMac 27" suffers from a couple issues...

Upon wake, the cursor will sometimes be invisibile. The mouse is still functioning, as I just right-click to see where the cursor is, but it's still rather inconvenient. Especially considering that most suggested quick fixes (put it back to sleep, press some combination of buttons, etc.) don't work. The only one that works is resetting, but that's obviously not the solution I'm looking for.

The other issue which I can't find much info about on here is a scrambled display. I attached a picture of my iMac's display. Again, the actual machine is working, as the colors will change as I use spotlight to open something or just generally click around. And also again, the only fix is resetting. The weird part is clicking the power button on the back seems to turn the display off then back on, and the display appears normal. A second later, it's back to scrambled.

Any ideas? Help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    974.5 KB · Views: 72

IamMarcoPolo

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2011
My refurb 2011 iMac 27" suffers from a couple issues...

Upon wake, the cursor will sometimes be invisibile. The mouse is still functioning, as I just right-click to see where the cursor is, but it's still rather inconvenient. Especially considering that most suggested quick fixes (put it back to sleep, press some combination of buttons, etc.) don't work. The only one that works is resetting, but that's obviously not the solution I'm looking for.

The other issue which I can't find much info about on here is a scrambled display. I attached a picture of my iMac's display. Again, the actual machine is working, as the colors will change as I use spotlight to open something or just generally click around. And also again, the only fix is resetting. The weird part is clicking the power button on the back seems to turn the display off then back on, and the display appears normal. A second later, it's back to scrambled.

Any ideas? Help would be much appreciated.

I get that on my macbook pro sometimes when im switching 'web pages'

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.