Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zotaccian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
So basically the title says it all. I own remains of 15" Aluminium PowerBook which had 1.5GHz G4. Someone in my country is having an auction where he sells 12" PowerBook G4 1.5GHz which however does not have scandic keyboard, I know that you can change keyboard layout from the settings but since I have this spare keyboard I would like to know if I can swap 'em? The keyboard looks the same but it is attached differently on 12" PBook, I didn't check what kind of ribbon cables they have but if they are different that would course answer my question.

mike457

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2010
Ontario
No. If you take a look at iFixit, you'll see that the ribbon connections are completely different. Even for the individual keys, the scissors that support the keys on the 12" are different from those on the 15".

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
The 12" also has two screw holes underneath a couple of keys on the top and some slot tabs that keep it secured to the top case. The 15" keyboard is part of the top case itself and comes off with the top case so it would not have the screw holes or tabs that fit the 12".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.