Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kashyap02004

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2011
I switch from verizon to sprint and got the iphone 5. Just because it still has unlimited data for ~ $70. But now i regret it. I live 5 miles from the apple headquarter in cupertino. Look at the speedtest results. Anybody know the return policy on sprint?

wiluzn.png

aquadisiac

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2009
US
I switch from verizon to sprint and got the iphone 5. Just because it still has unlimited data for ~ $70. But now i regret it. I live 5 miles from the apple headquarter in cupertino. Look at the speedtest results. Anybody know the return policy on sprint?

should be 14 days. this confirmed that i made a good decision going from sprint to verizon.

NM08SRT8

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
Earf
FYI, living 5 miles from Apple HQ's isn't going to make your speed any faster, no matter what carrier you're on..

Re data speeds on Sprint, this is exactly why I left and am on Verizon. They're the only ones who have LTE here locally, and their coverage is the best locally, ymmv..

iphonefan74

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012

The iPhone 4s broke Sprint's network last year. It was great before the iPhone. Oh the irony

faiz23

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010
bwahhahahahahahahaahh.....you got FARKed on sprint. I am so glad that I paid $150 for 3 iphone 4s on Jan 28th 2012 and on March 8th 2012 I was able to leave sprint with my 3 iphones and NO ETF due to a contract change. On 3g the iphone speeds will never cross 2.0mbps. During regular hours of 6am-10pm your speeds will be below 1.0mbps at all times and will hit 2.0mbps when the world is sleeping and you are speed testing. I have a non contract iphone 5 that i pay $42.xx a month for unlimited min, text and 2gb data on straight talk for and I have HSPA+ and my last speedtest was at 6.99mbps. 3g for sprint is junk and guess what sprint is a dirty skank...she is in bed with metropcs, cricket, boost, and virgin mobile. Guess how many times she has been passed around........

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Those unlimited Data plans are unlimited for a reason. Sprint has been well known for slow networks. My local Sprint also has bad coverages.

faiz23

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010
Do some research and you will realize in 2013 sprint is raising prices for LTE plan.....derp that is when LTE goes live....lolz....FAIL ON YOU

mellofello

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2011
Oh man thats rough. Avert your eyes from what ATT and VZ guys are getting. It will break your heart.

My buddy finally got pushed over the edge, and is paying a hefty ETF to leave sprint for ATT. We were at the bar last night, and he was playing with my phone. Ran a speed test, and almost spit out his beer. Mine was 75 times faster then his.

I'm convinced that Sprint purposely throttles iphones. I have a company android phone, and while it's not blazing fast, I average around 2 megs down regularly.

aquadisiac

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2009
US
bwahhahahahahahahaahh.....you got FARKed on sprint. I am so glad that I paid $150 for 3 iphone 4s on Jan 28th 2012 and on March 8th 2012 I was able to leave sprint with my 3 iphones and NO ETF due to a contract change. On 3g the iphone speeds will never cross 2.0mbps. During regular hours of 6am-10pm your speeds will be below 1.0mbps at all times and will hit 2.0mbps when the world is sleeping and you are speed testing. I have a non contract iphone 5 that i pay $42.xx a month for unlimited min, text and 2gb data on straight talk for and I have HSPA+ and my last speedtest was at 6.99mbps. 3g for sprint is junk and guess what sprint is a dirty skank...she is in bed with metropcs, cricket, boost, and virgin mobile. Guess how many times she has been passed around........
HOW? What contract change?

Yes, this is true as my local sales rep said to me today. Many cities should be covered by the end of this year.

Oh I forgot to add, everytime i called for them to reset my data and make i faster. I even took it to the store i bought it from a few days later to return and they begged me and did a hard reset. It was a little better then it would start to rot. They kept saying we're working on it. DO NOT listen to that sht OP. It's been MONTHS and my area still doesnt have 4G even though they said it does. I got fed up and will rather pay my $30 ETF.

ryanrhod

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2011
OP, the speedtest.net screenshot you posted sums up my experience of having the 4S with Sprint perfectly.

Once I had the iPad3 on Verizon, and saw what LTE was like, especially on a network like Verizon's, I knew I would switch as soon as possible.

Now that it's happened, I couldn't be happier! Two days later, and I still keep getting pleasantly surprised by how fast the data connection is (to be fair, there's good Verizon LTE coverage in the DC metro area).

Now, I know that Sprint is going to be switching on LTE networks across the country soon, but I'd rather put my money towards what works well now, rather than gamble on Sprint getting its act together while giving them money in the meantime for subpar service.

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
If you want speed you go with Att
If you want coverage in rural areas Verizon
If you want unlimited slow data for cheap you go with sprint.

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008
If you want speed you go with Att
If you want coverage in rural areas Verizon
If you want unlimited slow data for cheap you go with sprint.

More or less, precisely.

Some areas are blessed with both Big Blue & Big Red having great networks.

Sprint (as I've said for years) is the absolute worst of the "top tier" carriers, bar none. Coverage looks stuck in 1996 and those data speeds...LOL. I just gotta chuckle, sorry for the OP, that really sucks.

faiz23

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010
HOW? What contract change?

Oh I forgot to add, everytime i called for them to reset my data and make i faster. I even took it to the store i bought it from a few days later to return and they begged me and did a hard reset. It was a little better then it would start to rot. They kept saying we're working on it. DO NOT listen to that sht OP. It's been MONTHS and my area still doesnt have 4G even though they said it does. I got fed up and will rather pay my $30 ETF.

They changed billing structure on corporate discount plans.

https://slickdeals.net/coupons/sprint/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.