Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
I have an iPhone 4s currently upgraded to iOS 6. iMessage is only working with the apple id. I cannot get it working with my phone number. I had this issue when I was using iOS 5 as well.

I think my phone is manufactured for the chinese market or something. I did not buy it from a network. Does this have something to do with iMessage activation?

in the iMessage section in settings, it says activation is unsuccessful. But still it says i can be reached with my apple ID.

RxMac

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
I believe your phone number must have some association with your apple ID, try managing apple ID on apples website.

ugp

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
Try signing out and back in. My phone number added on my phone but wouldn't on other devices right away. Signing out and back in fixed it for me.

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Try signing out and back in. My phone number added on my phone but wouldn't on other devices right away. Signing out and back in fixed it for me.

Doesn't work. Its only showing my apple id in the settings where it says "Send and Receive"...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.