Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adam101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
I tried last night and today reserving an iPhone 5 for store pick up and had no response. Do you think it's just a case of keep trying?? Anyone had any success?

josh bear

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2010
I tried last night and today reserving an iPhone 5 for store pick up and had no response. Do you think it's just a case of keep trying?? Anyone had any success?

Hi

if you are talking apple stores why not try ringing around? Reading had loads left yesterday afternoon

Josh

Adam101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Yeah sorry, apple retail stores. Meadowhall is the nearest but would go to Manchester. If I've had no luck gonna head down on Wednesday. Do you think they will have enough stock if I went without a reservation?

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2012
UK
I was in Meadowhall Apple store today, it was crazy busy in there!! There was a seperate queuing system for the iPhone, complete with barrier tape. Folk were queuing out of the door!!

I went inside to speak to one of the sales guys about a workshop appointment I had previously made. Whilst speaking to him I asked about the iphone5, he said they had no stock, but I could reserve one (which i did). He said I will get an email by midnight giving me a date and time to visit the store to pay & collect. If I cant make this date/time then I loose the phone and will have to reorder again.

When I left the store I saw a sign outside saying "whilst they had no stock of iphone5, they get deliveries every day, so keep trying."

Last edited:

Adam101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Thanks for the info. So it's just a case of luck at the minute. I'll head in Wednesday and keep trying to reserve using the app. Anyone willing to have an educated guess at the best time to go. Early in a morning or after dinner?

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
Called in to one of my local stores in Bristol late this afternoon and after checking out the white and black ones decided on impulse buy a 16gb black. My 4s is white but the 5 looks very cool in black!

Was told they had sold out completely today, no real surprise, but very good chance of getting one if I pitched up mid-morning any day. Will give it a try this coming week.

nicesoot

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
I've managed to reserve one. Filled the form in around 4pm this afternoon and got an email at 7:30 saying my phone would be available to collect at the White City store tomorrow between 9am and 9pm tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.