Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

conmango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Los Angeles
So I just opened up my new Iphone5 box, only to discover a stuck green pixel upon startup.

The one reason I ordered it online was so that I would not have to step foot in a sea of people at my local Apple Store.

After calling technical support. This was the script of the conversation.

Me: "My iphone has a stuck green pixel that won't go away"
CSR: "You must go into the Apple Store to have this problem looked at, let me make a genius bar appointment for you. Would you like 2:50pm today?"
Me: "The reason I ordered this phone online was to avoid going into the store."
CSR: "Since you live within a 50 mile radius you must go into the store"
Me: "The reason I ordered this phone online was to avoid going into store."
CSR: " It's your only option. "
Me: "Ok I'll take 2:50pm today"
CSR: "I only have 4:30pm available"
Me: "You just offered me 2:50? Didn't you?"
CSR:"Yes, but our system isn't working"
Me: "So why did you offer me a time you couldn't reserve? Can't you just send me a new one and I send me the broken one back?"
CSR: "Sir do you want the appointment?"
Me: "What if I was disabled? And could not move myself to the store?"
CSR: "The system would let me know if you were disabled, and we would mail you out a new phone."
Me: "So why can't you just mail me out a new phone?"
CSR: "I can't do that"
Me: "But if I was disabled you would mail it to me?"
CSR: "Yes."
Me: "That's discrimination!"
CSR: "Sir, I am not liking the tone of your voice"
Me: "The reason I ordered the phone online was to avoid going to the store, but since you aren't giving me that option, I guess I'll take the appointment"

At this point is she is very irritated with me, and makes the appointment and hangs up on me.

Thank you Apple. You suck at being an online company. Listening to customers is part of the script too.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 213

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
You don't need to wait in the line of buyers to go to the Genius Bar. Having a brick-and-mortar presence is a positive for most people since they can get the issue resolved right away rather than having to go ship it back.

conmango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Los Angeles
You don't need to wait in the line of buyers to go to the Genius Bar. Having a brick-and-mortar presence is a positive for most people since they can get the issue resolved right away rather than having to go ship it back.

I guess I am not most people.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
I'm guessing if you make an appointment, that means you doing have to wait in line.

conmango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Los Angeles
So I went to my "appointment" today. Which was scheduled at 4:30pm.

Upon entering the craziness that is the Apple Store on a launch weekend. I was told I would need to stand in a line just to check in for my appointment, which I was 5 minutes early for. And also told that since it was so busy, that the appointment would be about 10 minutes late.

40 minutes later....

My name was called and I was told to stand in a corner to wait for my name to be called again.

So I waited there for an additional 15 minutes. Before the guy came to check out my stuck green pixel.

He took a look at my phone and then went in the back for about 5 minutes and returned with it. Upon coming to the conclusion that there was nothing he could do, he got me a new iphone and began the process of activation of the new phone. He was unsure as to how to migrate the phone to my current business account, so he went in the back again for another 10 minutes. To which he said he had "figured it out" so we could continue to the activation.
Another 10 minutes later, I was out the door.

So going back to my original item. This is the reason I do not prefer to go the Apple Store, and would've just rather have had then send me a replacement phone in the mail.

Anyways thats my experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.