Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:30 AM   #1
harleymhs
macrumors 6502

Itunes Back up to disk?? Help

Hey Guys.. I have a MBA with a ext disk drive hooked up with a DVD in the drive and I want to back up Itunes Library to DVD .. I go to FILE> DEVICES> and I see BACK UP and its GREY .. It wont let me click it to back up to DVD.. What am I missing? Im running 11.0.1 Itunes! Thanks for any help!!!
harleymhs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:07 AM   #2
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleymhs View Post
Hey Guys.. I have a MBA with a ext disk drive hooked up with a DVD in the drive and I want to back up Itunes Library to DVD .. I go to FILE> DEVICES> and I see BACK UP and its GREY .. It wont let me click it to back up to DVD.. What am I missing? Im running 11.0.1 Itunes! Thanks for any help!!!
DEVICES -> BACKUP is to back up devices like iPods, iPhones, iPads, onto your computer.

Backup is most easily achieved by using Time Machine and backing up your entire Mac onto an external hard drive.

If your library fits onto a DVD: In the Finder, find the iTunes folder inside the "Music" folder. Then in the "File" menu choose "Burn iTunes to disk".
gnasher729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod