Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VivaLaFisica

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Pros.
- I can pick it up , feel the beauty of the iPhone 5 without a case around it.
- Its protecting my phone.

Feel the beauty of the phone? Lol. This is worst than a case,

Protecting the phone from what? Do you intend on operating your phone while the sleeve is still on?

This seems like a waste of money.

VinnyV

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2011
i slightly agree with the OP, i def love holding my naked ip5. from your pros and cons list, u should def go with "http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-5-cases/elega/"

the hampton flip just contradicts with your pro's and cons xD

Or just run with a bumper and a soft pouch like me !

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
i slightly agree with the OP, i def love holding my naked ip5. from your pros and cons list, u should def go with "http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-5-cases/elega/"

the hampton flip just contradicts with your pro's and cons xD

Or just run with a bumper and a soft pouch like me !

How did you go with both bumper and pouch? Which soft pouch are you using?

Nonentity

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2007
I agree. I've used a "pouch" for every iPhone I've had (Original > 3G > 4 > 4S > 5). I prefer them because they stop the phone from being damaged by anything else in my pocket and It still shows off the phone when I'm using it.

In the past I've used:

Foof - Loved these pouches, well made and gave some extra padding and gave some personality, however with the Introduction of the 4 they felt too bulky in comparison to the phone itself.

Proporta aluminium lined pouch - Great design, some extra (albeit minimal) protection in the form of an aluminium sheet, and they come with a life time warranty. Stopped using this because they had a flaw with the stitching on the sides and the material inside felt a tad too rough. I had multiple replacements but gave up in the end.

Sena Corsa - This is a beautiful case, soft interior, well made, and good fit - but pricey. In the end the tab that I used to pull the phone out broke. Still usable but for the price I expected more.

For the iPhone 5 I purchased a snugg. Problem is it's *too* snug. I don't like the elasticated pull out strap, and feels (and smells) cheap, It's a shame because it looked to fit the bill.

I'm now on the look out for a new case, I'm thinking of going back to a Senna pouch.

But If anyone else has any suggestions let me know.

wellok

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
I currently have a black Colcasac but I'm on the quest for a synthetic leather sleeve. Was considering the Snugg.

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2007
I think the ones from ColcaSac look best, offer good protection and the price is unbelievable. Check out the photos from their Facebook fan page too...

I love the look of Colcasacs but I just think there's way too much stuffing. Looks like it's tripling the size. Wish they'd halve the thickness and I'd get one.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden

Wow man, that phone likes it in there - nice pictures !

Iam split. Should I go leather or cotton?

I mean, the stitches can easily scratch the phone - but the cotton wont.

Mmhmm..

Edit: Great responses so far! keep em coming - reading all of it :)

wellok

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Depends what you need it for. The Colcasac is nice but if you're carrying your phone in a pocket, it's not going to fit.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
To those that are interested, I emailed Sena Cases and asked if they would were going to include a hole for the headphone jack in their ultraslim and they said they were not and that, for those purposes, they suggest you just flip the phone around. Kinda stupid if you ask me since there is a hole for the plug.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
The problem with that case is that dust can easily work its way in there. Thats the only problem I can see.

Credit Apple for building a very good dust resistant phone.

Neither my 4 or 4S, have any traces of dust whatsoever. Even when inspected with a high intensity light, they are completely dust free.

wellok

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
How come? its THAT bulky??

Pretty much! It's much more suited for purse use. I call it my phone's sleeping bag. Between the stuffing and the fabric I think you'd struggle getting it in there unless you wear very large pants.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Pretty much! It's much more suited for purse use. I call it my phone's sleeping bag. Between the stuffing and the fabric I think you'd struggle getting it in there unless you wear very large pants.

Okay. Then I have to get 1 Colcasack for the iPhone to sleep in and one Sena Ultraslim for regular day use. That pretty much sums it up. Thanks! :)

Credit Apple for building a very good dust resistant phone.

Neither my 4 or 4S, have any traces of dust whatsoever. Even when inspected with a high intensity light, they are completely dust free.

Really? There must be an awful lot of dumb people then because there are some people complaining on these cases for not protecting against dust. Well well :)

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
How about any non-bulky non-leather sleeves? I saw some interesting things on Etsy but didn't know if there were other places to look?

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
There is also another problem I found out about with the colsack. The warmth.

Think of it. You have the phone in there for 1 day and its getting really hot inside. That cant be good for the phone.... damn.

skywest153

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
Got the new DODOcase one myself:

http://www.dodocase.com/products/wallet-for-iphone-5

iphone4_1_1024x1024.jpeg

liner_1024x1024.jpeg

iphone5_angle_1024x1024.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.