Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldmankit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
I read a bit about how cool swype is and that it was ported to iOS. I tried two Cydia repos, but neither responded. Has development for this rather cool thing ceased?

The two repos I tried are:

wnynd.x10.mx
cydia.myrepospace.com/wyndwarrior

oldmankit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
cydia.myrepospace.com/wyndwarrior/

works. I can't believe that the final forward slash is actually necessary.

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
OMG.... This could be the one that everyone's been looking for!

It's not perfect yet and one of the things they need to add to the next update is to accurately do the auto space after each word but definitely one of the nicest tweaks I've found! Thank you for sharing!

Last edited:

understando

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010
Was pretty excited to try this out. Sadly it seems to change the normal typing. Created all sorts of spelling errors that were not typed out by me.

I think maybe it was swiping between close characters while typing. Whatever the problem, it was so bad I had to uninstall.

Repo does work & cool concept if can get it going correctly.

jallenclark

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2008
The concept is great but it is far from working smoothly yet, I agree with the poster above. It needs some work when not swyping and manually typing with it on is impossible.

I had to remove it.

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
I've installed this yesterday and I'm not seeing the issue when typing manual.

The issue that I'm seeing is that when I use just 1 character whether its a letter or number, it doesnt do the auto spacing. I find it deleting the character, retyping it and click on the space bar manually.

bAdNitro

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2012
Swoyersville, PA
Wynd was on a great path when he started porting Swype. I've used this tweak countless times. Love the progress so far. However, I hate that it's not entirely bug free and it hasn't been updated.

I'm not even sure he is still working on it or not. I would love to see a complete, working port finished.

chrisdr2001

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2012
Superior

Thank you very much!!!! I was looking and looking and could not find a fresh address, and when I did they did not stress to include "/" at the end... It really does matter! Once again thank you very much, registered just to tell you thanks hahaha:D:apple::eek:

oldmankit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
Thank you very much!!!! I was looking and looking and could not find a fresh address, and when I did they did not stress to include "/" at the end... It really does matter! Once again thank you very much, registered just to tell you thanks hahaha:D:apple::eek:

It's pretty mad you need that slash, eh? I've never known an address to fail just on that basis before...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.