Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:09 AM   #1276
Godzirra
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Southampton UK
Send a message via AIM to Godzirra Send a message via MSN to Godzirra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moccasin View Post
"Request an iPhone reservation.
We’re sorry, but due to limited availability, we are not accepting iPhone reservations at this time. Please try again later."

Just got this message while trying to reserve in the UK. My 4th attempt. Is this just the "out of hours message" or is it a change in the process?
Have the same message and been trying for days now. The out of hours one gave the times you could reserve, this is a totally new one, and not nice at all
Godzirra is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:33 AM   #1277
a.y.n
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco
Send a message via Skype™ to a.y.n
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehchan View Post
I think it's actually cheaper to buy the phone with a contract and cancel it the same day... It should work out like this:

32GB no subsidy: $749
with subsidy: $299+350(etf)+35(activation)+(80/30)(one day of service)=$686.67

Today I picked up my VZW iPhone, activated the phone with the VZW SIM, then went straight to the VZW store to cancel the account. No problems at all. It's unlocked (tested with ATT and Rogers SIM), and works great. One thing I noticed, I checked the unlock status on dev.mk before turning it on, and it said "LOCKED". But once I activated with VZW SIM, it changed to UNLOCKED immediately.
Good point. I thought about that too but it's far too much work to get my folks to go to 2 stores to do that. Also I might have to be there to cancel so it might not work.

Re: unlock status before and after vzw activation. You have me worried. I guess theoretically those of us who got them device only had the phone activated at one point before it was returned and repurchase. So it should be unlocked. But can anyone confirm? I won't get the phone til next month when my parents come to Asia.
__________________
@ayn
iphone 6 vzw, ipad mini r vzw, mid 2014 13" rMBP, early 2011 15" mbp (dead GPU), mid 2011 13" mba, mid 2011 mac mini, atd, atv3, ipod classic 60gb 5g, 6g nano, timecapsule, aebs, airexps
a.y.n is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:48 AM   #1278
i3six5
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moccasin View Post
"Request an iPhone reservation.
We’re sorry, but due to limited availability, we are not accepting iPhone reservations at this time. Please try again later."

Just got this message while trying to reserve in the UK. My 4th attempt. Is this just the "out of hours message" or is it a change in the process?
I got the same message. All week I have not been able to reserve because it between 9-5 and work computer browsers are out of date. I wake up this morning and the same message appears! What's gives?
i3six5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:50 AM   #1279
Lick
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.y.n View Post
Just spoke with my folks who helped us buy the phone device only. They had some serious issues with Verizon and took about 2 hours to activate/return/repurchase. So just a word of warning when you guys try this. Make sure you have plenty of time.
So what did the process entail exactly? Did you have to sign up for a verizon 2 year plan and if so how were u able to get them to let u out of it when u returned the phone to repurchase as device only?
Lick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:52 AM   #1280
Moccasin
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newcastle, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3six5 View Post
I got the same message. All week I have not been able to reserve because it between 9-5 and work computer browsers are out of date. I wake up this morning and the same message appears! What's gives?
I'm beginning to wonder whether their QC issues are worse than first thought. Maybe had to totally withdraw a batch from stock due to the damaged phones appearing in boxes.

If things are bad, then Apple may have decided to withdraw the whole batch rather than risk more damaged phones affecting their reputation. If the stock they do have us being used to fulfil existing orders, then that doesn't leave many for casual purchase.
Moccasin is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:56 AM   #1281
Godzirra
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Southampton UK
Send a message via AIM to Godzirra Send a message via MSN to Godzirra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moccasin View Post
I'm beginning to wonder whether their QC issues are worse than first thought. Maybe had to totally withdraw a batch from stock due to the damaged phones appearing in boxes.

If things are bad, then Apple may have decided to withdraw the whole batch rather than risk more damaged phones affecting their reputation. If the stock they do have us being used to fulfil existing orders, then that doesn't leave many for casual purchase.
Good points, better to save face now, than risk even more damaged stock getting into our hands.

Just a little bit frustrating when the local Apple store hasn't a clue and thinks the reservation page is still active

Spoke to mine this morning and they were surprised that it wasn't working and said to try later.
Godzirra is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:05 AM   #1282
clukas
macrumors 6502a
 
clukas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerndude39 View Post
Sounds like you have the wrong time.

According to the Apple website: Buy online between 10:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m.
Not in the UK. UK its 9AM to 5PM, and you are supposed to get an email the same day before 9PM whether you have been successful or not.
__________________
 iMac 27 (Late 2012)  13" MacBook Pro Retina (Late 2013)  iPhone 5  iPad 4 ATV
clukas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:09 AM   #1283
Lick
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehchan View Post
I think it's actually cheaper to buy the phone with a contract and cancel it the same day... It should work out like this:

32GB no subsidy: $749
with subsidy: $299+350(etf)+35(activation)+(80/30)(one day of service)=$686.67

Today I picked up my VZW iPhone, activated the phone with the VZW SIM, then went straight to the VZW store to cancel the account. No problems at all. It's unlocked (tested with ATT and Rogers SIM), and works great. One thing I noticed, I checked the unlock status on dev.mk before turning it on, and it said "LOCKED". But once I activated with VZW SIM, it changed to UNLOCKED immediately.
Hmm I hadn't reconsidered this after the news came out that verizon version is unlocked...Don't they make you pay for the whole month? I feel like there has to repercussions toward your credit for doing it this way or else why wouldn't everyone do that.
Lick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:29 AM   #1284
ste1164
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Tried to reserve a white iPhone 5 32GB in the metro centre or eldon square and I have had nothing for ages
ste1164 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:31 AM   #1285
Moccasin
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newcastle, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste1164 View Post
Tried to reserve a white iPhone 5 32GB in the metro centre or eldon square and I have had nothing for ages
Makes me feel a bit better that its not personal! Also that its not just the black model!
Moccasin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:59 AM   #1286
Tom8
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste1164 View Post
Tried to reserve a white iPhone 5 32GB in the metro centre or eldon square and I have had nothing for ages
I've been trying to reserve a black 16/32GB unlocked from both stores for a week now. I don't see the point in having a reservation facility if you're not going to provide phones. I've only seen 3/4 reports of successful reservations on this forum, and only 1 of them from Newcastle.
Tom8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:04 AM   #1287
Moccasin
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newcastle, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom8 View Post
I've been trying to reserve a black 16/32GB unlocked from both stores for a week now. I don't see the point in having a reservation facility if you're not going to provide phones. I've only seen 3/4 reports of successful reservations on this forum, and only 1 of them from Newcastle.
I suspect that could be a contributory factor to suspending reservations. Presumably stocks in the UK are running very low. Hopefully they'll have another large shipment soon.
Moccasin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:11 AM   #1288
Tom8
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moccasin View Post
I suspect that could be a contributory factor to suspending reservations. Presumably stocks in the UK are running very low. Hopefully they'll have another large shipment soon.
Yeah it says "limited availability"

In my opinion the way Apple are handling these reservations is stupid. Rather than make it seem like all stores could have stock, it'd have been much better for them to have listed stores that have reservation stock available. They could have just greyed out the stores on the drop down list that couldn't take reservations. That way at least people would know whether they stood a chance of getting a phone rather than just allow people to blindly apply and then get frustrated when they don't get a phone.

However them suspending the reservations does give me the faintest modicum hope that they're taking a biggest shipment to the UK and want to give all the stores enough time to update their inventory so the system can reflect that.
Tom8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:22 AM   #1289
Moccasin
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newcastle, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom8 View Post
Yeah it says "limited availability"

In my opinion the way Apple are handling these reservations is stupid. Rather than make it seem like all stores could have stock, it'd have been much better for them to have listed stores that have reservation stock available. They could have just greyed out the stores on the drop down list that couldn't take reservations. That way at least people would know whether they stood a chance of getting a phone rather than just allow people to blindly apply and then get frustrated when they don't get a phone.

However them suspending the reservations does give me the faintest modicum hope that they're taking a biggest shipment to the UK and want to give all the stores enough time to update their inventory so the system can reflect that.
I guess listing stores that had stock would just mean everyone racing there and trying to get walk-in purchases. O2 did do that for the iPhone 4 (bought mine in Washington) but seem not to be doing it this year. I want to leave my options open in any case. It's my birthday next Saturday so was hoping to get myself an early present.
Moccasin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:29 AM   #1290
i3six5
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
The low stock could possibly mean 2 things:

1 - iPhone 5 launched in 22 more countries yesterday and that could be a possible reason on the availability and stock constraints.

Or

2 - As others have suggested Apple does not want to issue more damaged iPhones. So they have stopped supplying stores, while they resolve the manufacturing problems. Think about if all the new customers buying in 22 countries experienced major scuffing / dents out of the box, then I am sure they would googled it by now and we would have seen a huge surge in posts on the scuffed iPhone thread (just a theory)
i3six5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:31 AM   #1291
Moccasin
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newcastle, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3six5 View Post
The low stock could possibly mean 2 things:

1 - iPhone 5 launched in 22 more countries yesterday and that could be a possible reason on the availability and stock constraints.

Or

2 - As others have suggested Apple does not want to issue more damaged iPhones. So they have stopped supplying stores, while they resolve the manufacturing problems. Think about if all the new customers buying in 22 countries experienced major scuffing / dents out of the box, then I am sure they would googled it by now and we would have seen a huge surge in posts on the scuffed iPhone thread (just a theory)
Probably a combination of those reasons. Hopefully the UK will get a new shipment this week.
Moccasin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:48 AM   #1292
Tom8
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moccasin View Post
I guess listing stores that had stock would just mean everyone racing there and trying to get walk-in purchases. O2 did do that for the iPhone 4 (bought mine in Washington) but seem not to be doing it this year. I want to leave my options open in any case. It's my birthday next Saturday so was hoping to get myself an early present.
Yeah that's understandable. Just feels like I'm trying to hit a dartboard in the dark at the minute. Hit & miss, except no hits and 20+ misses at reservations.

I too was hoping to get it resolved by the end of this week because I'm off to Uni on Saturday and my mum wanted to buy the phone on her card to get reward points, rather than me buying it with my debit card. So I don't feel like having to get a train journey home just to pick up a phone. If I can't get it sorted I might just take the hit & wait for a 5S as hopefully by that time the UK will have more 4G available and my iPhone 4 is still holding up well.

My main gripe is with Tesco refusing to release their tariffs until after preorders had slipped to 3-4 weeks. If I'd known they were going to be so poor I'd have just preordered sim free the day preorders went available.
Tom8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:58 AM   #1293
Moccasin
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newcastle, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom8 View Post
Yeah that's understandable. Just feels like I'm trying to hit a dartboard in the dark at the minute. Hit & miss, except no hits and 20+ misses at reservations.

I too was hoping to get it resolved by the end of this week because I'm off to Uni on Saturday and my mum wanted to buy the phone on her card to get reward points, rather than me buying it with my debit card. So I don't feel like having to get a train journey home just to pick up a phone. If I can't get it sorted I might just take the hit & wait for a 5S as hopefully by that time the UK will have more 4G available and my iPhone 4 is still holding up well.

My main gripe is with Tesco refusing to release their tariffs until after preorders had slipped to 3-4 weeks. If I'd known they were going to be so poor I'd have just preordered sim free the day preorders went available.
I'm starting to think along similar lines as iOS 6 didn't brick the 4 like iOS 4 did the 3G.
Moccasin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:06 AM   #1294
clukas
macrumors 6502a
 
clukas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3six5 View Post
The low stock could possibly mean 2 things:

2 - As others have suggested Apple does not want to issue more damaged iPhones. So they have stopped supplying stores, while they resolve the manufacturing problems. Think about if all the new customers buying in 22 countries experienced major scuffing / dents out of the box, then I am sure they would googled it by now and we would have seen a huge surge in posts on the scuffed iPhone thread (just a theory)
I so hope this is true. I decided to go with the white one due to the bezel issues on the black, but theres nothing worse than a damaged item out of the box.
__________________
 iMac 27 (Late 2012)  13" MacBook Pro Retina (Late 2013)  iPhone 5  iPad 4 ATV

Last edited by clukas; Sep 29, 2012 at 07:41 AM.
clukas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:27 AM   #1295
bandofbrothers
macrumors 68040
 
bandofbrothers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moccasin View Post
"Request an iPhone reservation.
We’re sorry, but due to limited availability, we are not accepting iPhone reservations at this time. Please try again later."

Just got this message while trying to reserve in the UK. My 4th attempt. Is this just the "out of hours message" or is it a change in the process?
I was just about to post the same thing.

I've tried 4 days in a row now without success.

Probably more that the apple shops don't get re stocking deliveries on a Saturday and Sunday.
bandofbrothers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:43 AM   #1296
clukas
macrumors 6502a
 
clukas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandofbrothers View Post
I was just about to post the same thing.

I've tried 4 days in a row now without success.

Probably more that the apple shops don't get re stocking deliveries on a Saturday and Sunday.
Last time I was at the apple store, around Tuesday they said they get daily deliveries. But they are keeping some of them back for contract only purchases, making it more difficult for you to purchase sim-free. When I went they had them in stock, just not sim-free.
__________________
 iMac 27 (Late 2012)  13" MacBook Pro Retina (Late 2013)  iPhone 5  iPad 4 ATV
clukas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:52 AM   #1297
colleyvillesoon
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Ordered a white 32gb whitet at 10:00 in Southlake, TX got the processed email right away and the "We're ready for you" email at 6:42 am today.
colleyvillesoon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:57 AM   #1298
bandofbrothers
macrumors 68040
 
bandofbrothers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by clukas View Post
Last time I was at the apple store, around Tuesday they said they get daily deliveries. But they are keeping some of them back for contract only purchases, making it more difficult for you to purchase sim-free. When I went they had them in stock, just not sim-free.
Don't understand why they would do that unless they get a kick back from the networks !

I visited my Local 02 shop who have the white 64 gb in but for contracts and upgrades only.

My local CPW have the 16gb black, 32 gb white and both colours in 64gb but all for contracts only. I prefer not to be locked into long contracts and to be honest I'd rather buy direct from apple. If you run into trouble with your handset the network high street shops run for cover citing "we'll have to send it off". At least the Apple store will open a minimum of two units to resolve most issues !
bandofbrothers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:03 AM   #1299
nyfliiboy
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
So last night while i was out i decided to check if any where available in nyc. At 10:30 there were 3 stores that had 32gb iPhone 5's. So i placed my order at the 5th ave store and within two hours had my confirmations and brand new iPhone. Coming from a 4 its the best thing ever.
__________________
13" Macbook Pro(Unibody), 2.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 1.5TB HDD ; Iphone 4 (32GB)
nyfliiboy is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:19 AM   #1300
Moccasin
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newcastle, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by clukas View Post
Last time I was at the apple store, around Tuesday they said they get daily deliveries. But they are keeping some of them back for contract only purchases, making it more difficult for you to purchase sim-free. When I went they had them in stock, just not sim-free.
I suspected that might be the case but clearly in the UK now, they're not even doing that since you can't reserve contract or sim-free.
Moccasin is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple store reservation Saileshbreaker iPhone 3 Oct 21, 2012 10:58 PM
No luck with Apple Store reservation tsduke iPhone 25 Oct 19, 2012 03:31 PM
Apple Store Reservation sawah iPhone 7 Oct 2, 2012 07:52 PM
What happens if you show up at apple store without reservation? PurpleHeart iPhone 8 Sep 26, 2012 08:31 AM
iPhone Apple Store Reservation Question ? bandofbrothers iPhone 7 Sep 26, 2012 07:03 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC